Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led by the Spirit

It is so easy for us to be led by our minds, which are often fed by the thoughts of others through written or verbal communication. We can be led by our emotions which can easily be influenced by our anxieties, burdens, disappointments and the fear of other people's opinions.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to live within us and He will lead us into all truth if we just ask Him (John 14:15-18, 26-27; 16:12-15). We must wait on Him and not move ahead according to our own thinking. (Psalm 27:14; 130:5-6; Isaiah 30:18)

We must keep our spirits built up so we can be led by His Spirit (Romans 8:14-18). Those who are led by His Spirit are sons and daughters of God. We must live by the Spirit and be led by His Spirit (Galatians 5:16-26).

How do we keep our spirits built up? This is what I do:

1. Speak out my love to God and to others.

2. Watch what goes into my eyes and ears and guard the attitudes of my heart (Romans 8:5b). Those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires - v6(b) - the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.

3. Have a heart of worship and gratefulness. I find myself having to stand against self pity when I'm tired; and I may even feel 'used.' Jesus said to me one day, you will not feel used if you are led by My Spirit. When I wake up, or when I'm in the car, I play worship CDs.

4. "Hang out" with people who love Jesus and want to reflect Him. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there's freedom (2Cor 3:17-18).

5. Read and meditate on the Word. Ask the Holy Spirit to make it become real to me. I love that!

That's what I do; what do you do?

by Donna Jordan - Canada

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wisdom from the Spirit Sue Johnson 0 2,569 06-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Sue Johnson
  the Spirit Leads us to practical faith Sue Johnson 0 2,566 18-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Sue Johnson