Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMR and other vaccinations..
I didn't hesitate about having my son get the MMR. Measles, mumps & rubella are all very serious diseases, which can all cause very severe complications, if not death. Remember the story of Helen Keller? She was deaf, dumb & blind after contracting measles. I decided that the possibility of my son contracting one of them was far greater (particularly now with fewer kids being vaccinated) than him becoming autistic.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
I didn't hesitate about having my son get the MMR. Measles, mumps & rubella are all very serious diseases, which can all cause very severe complications, if not death. Remember the story of Helen Keller? She was deaf, dumb & blind after contracting measles. I decided that the possibility of my son contracting one of them was far greater (particularly now with fewer kids being vaccinated) than him becoming autistic.

True Venus, that is why I thought the posting by Jemlet was excellent...

Wink
My son has had all his vaccinations including the MMR group...

I am glad he has had them, and plan on doing the same with the second one...

I think at the end of the day it boild down to peace of mind for the parents. Would you be able to cope with something "maybe" happening to your child if you choose not to let him/her have the vaccines?
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*