Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manners and eating
The "cutest" I've seen was a little boy from about two and a half, sitting in his highchair and throw his food spoonful by spoonful on the floor. With every spoonful he looked with a very surprised expression at the food on the floor, and then say "oe-oe!" It was really funny... but of course his parents didn't think it was funny Smile
my parents knew which dishes we children hated; we had to eat everything except those very limited number of dishes which just did not want to go down - and that rule applied at home and away. so in those rare instances my parents would have had to do the explaining, but we children felt too embarrassed and did not want to upset the cook.
in my upbringing of my kids in this asian environment, things can not be applied in the same way; it is at times extremely difficult to find anything palatable at all, so its turns out to be a matter of life and death. Smile
As part of my charity stuff, I cater for a wide spectrum of children, aged 2 - 12. They all know the house rules, and new commers fall in with the theme:

A meal consists of at least 4 different items - 1 protein, one carb, and two veggies. They have to eat at least 3, or they dont qualify for desert. Simple.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change in bubs eating habits Bean of Love 5 5,962 05-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha