Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massa Confirmed At Ferrari
Ferrari has confirmed that Sauber driver Felipe Massa will join Michael Schumacher in its 2006 line-up and has announced that Rubens Barrichello will leave the team at the end of the year.

Following intense speculation over the weekend, Ferrari has taken up an option on Massa that dates back to 2001.

"I am very happy and proud to be racing with Ferrari in 2006," Massa told his official website.

"I feel ready for this new challenge, which is the best opportunity of my career.

"I am aware of the responsibility it places on me and I cannot wait to be part of a team like Ferrari, alongside the best driver in the world, Michael Schumacher."

The Brazilian driver, currently in his third season with Sauber, took a year out from racing in 2003 to fulfil the role of test and reserve driver for Ferrari.

He has long been linked with a return to the Scuderia and is managed by sporting director Jean Todt's son, Nicolas.

"I wish to thank Peter Sauber for having had faith in me over these past three years. I will do my very best in the final six races of the season to get the best possible results for his team.

"Maranello has believed in me since 2001, when I had yet to make my Formula 1 debut.

"Now, I am in my third season as a Sauber driver and I can also count on a year's experience as a Ferrari test driver, an experience which helped me to grow a great deal."
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kubica DQ good news for Ferrari lols 1 4,086 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  FIA discuss F1 future with Ferrari and Renault mcamp999 0 3,466 25-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Food for thought for Ferrari ? Jangar 2 3,784 14-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Pope Set To Meet Ferrari Team lols 0 3,188 12-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Last Post: lols
  Barrichello quits Ferrari for BAR lols 0 3,397 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Welcome back Ferrari !!! FlyingBok 0 3,450 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Too good to be true ??? - Alonso punished for blocking Massa Jangar 0 4,862 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Massa motivated despite engine penalty Jangar 0 3,471 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: