Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mothers Day
AS most of us know its Mothering Sunday this week and lots of mothers will get the full treatment - breakfast in bed, flowers, pressies and the most important words you can hear 'I love you'.

As a step mother I don't get any of this. Little one goes all out for her mom and yet will not spend the day with her. We planted bulbs in a special pot for her mom, chose the card and wrapped the other pressie. She, if she's lucky, won't have the phone put down on her as she is telling her mom she loves her. I don't want any of the stuff that goes with Mothering Sunday but just to be noticed, acknowledged. T has said he hadn't previously thought about my feelings on this day. Sure I'm not her mother but I do everything a mother does, feed, clothe, love, make things better, nag (yep - table manners are main gripe at mo). Make sure shes happy etc but I will never try to replace her mother.

I love her to bits - yet I get hurt when she ignores me or 'mommy says I don't have to'. T has stepped in and is finally helping me in regards to some of her mannerisms her mother allows. Its not easy for little one, she gets confused at times - broken homes are not easy for children of any age to deal with.

I will look to Sunday and remember last week when she curled up next to me on the sofa and sleepily said 'I love you' and later I look down and she had fallen asleep. Makes everything else bearable.Confusedmitten:
Happy Mother's day in advance Gwasi. I can understand how you feel, and I know it must hurt to feel unappreciated on such a special day, especially when you are doing everything a mother does.

Although like you say, just remember the good times and one more thing: Mother's day is not one day in the year, it is everyday, so enjoy every moment you have with your little one, and she will one day realise how much you love her.

I am sure there must be days when she goes all out to show you she loves you, and those are the moments to build on.:hug: :mom:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mothers dudette 4 3,873 04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Icecub
  Why mothers are ditching the nanny to hire a 'manny' 0 3,057 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: