Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple quote in forums
Howzit computer nuts.. Wink

Just a simple question really. How do you perform the multiple quote thingy in forum answers? ie quoting from multiple users and/ or threads.

Many thanks
Cheffie Wrote:Howzit computer nuts.. Wink
Just a simple question really. How do you perform the multiple quote thingy in forum answers? ie quoting from multiple users and/ or threads.
Many thanks
This is a simple example
Cheffie Wrote:Howzit computer nuts.. Wink
Many thanks
I Quoted your original, then within the reply I copy and pasted the quote so it's in here twice...
You can type in your quote, if it's a small one
<quote=Cheffie>Hello</quote>
Cheffie Wrote:Hello
Or you can cut and paste if from the original post (but this won't give you the formatting, smilies or the Quote=...)

or you can (preferably in another window) click on Quote for the one you want, then copy the text from the reply, and paste it in your own reply (then click Cancel on the other Quoted reply), and you can do that as often as you like

<quote=Cheffie>Bye</quote>
Cheffie Wrote:Bye
I have duplicated the quotes above in this post, replacing the [...] with <...> so you can see what it looks like

These following 2 are copied from the other thread...
Cheffie Wrote:I was at work. Impossible Rolleyes
Big Grin

Can someone please let me know how to do the multiple quote thing that sunny achieves? :wall:
and this...
Pronkertjie Wrote:Now this is an excellent question..... just asked at the wrong place! Would you please ask it again in the Computer, Gadgets & Software Forum. That will give Ade time to contact Sunny and find out! :bashpc:

Yes, please tell us, I want to know too!!! Big Grin
Cool
Ade Wrote:You can type in your quote, if it's a small one
<quote=Cheffie>Hello</quote>

Or you can cut and paste if from the original post (but this won't give you the formatting, smilies or the Quote=...)

or you can (preferably in another window) click on Quote for the one you want, then copy the text from the reply, and paste it in your own reply (then click Cancel on the other Quoted reply), and you can do that as often as you like

<quote=Cheffie>Bye</quote>

I have duplicated the quotes above in this post, replacing the [...] with <...> so you can see what it looks like

These following 2 are copied from the other thread...

and this...

Cool

Thanks Ade!

:daisy:
Ade Wrote:Cool

Nice one - complete greek again Big Grin
Pronkertjie Wrote:Thanks Ade!

Ditto. I'll have to open many windows then. In winter this could be a problem Rolleyes
Big Grin
Cheffie Wrote:Ditto. I'll have to open many windows then. In winter this could be a problem Rolleyes
Big Grin

You only need to have 2 windows open, 1 for copying and 1 for pasting, so if you turn up the central heating you should be ok Big Grin
Ade Wrote:You only need to have 2 windows open, 1 for copying and 1 for pasting, so if you turn up the central heating you should be ok Big Grin

I'll get huge banners made.. Rolleyes

Copying for the front windows and pasting for the side windows.. that should keep the curtain twitchers in awe for a bit

Thanks for the advice on the central heating. Would you consider that as a gadget advice?

Real fountain of knowledge this forum. *note to self* must return when sober.. more often
Big Grin