Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My gorgeous Pot!!
Dani....i shall posting a pic of my pot i am making soon.Smile

One of those huge roman urns i am making, to stand in a corner of my lounge or dining room or maybe my entrance hall with dried twigs etc in....:cheer:

It is nearly 1 1/2 feet tall already and should be 2 feet tall when finished...then when i am finished glazing and baking it, i want to take the measurements then go down the local smithy and get a stand made for it so i can stand the pot in it.....i am so excited already, it is huge and i have to put it on a stool lower on the floor so i can bend down to work on it.....:eek: :eek:

I have some other pics of my recent work i have done, will send u the pics later this week....Big Grin
ooohhh sounds interesting...cant wait to see. Wink
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Amen, i love working with clay, so therapeutic and i can sommer take my frustration out on it, by hammering on it and making it - then moulding to what i want....would that not be nice to do our families??.....:crylol: :crylol:

shall post a pic when it is ready..going to be awhile yet..Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Dani....i shall posting a pic of my pot i am making soon.Smile

One of those huge roman urns i am making, to stand in a corner of my lounge or dining room or maybe my entrance hall with dried twigs etc in....:cheer:

It is nearly 1 1/2 feet tall already and should be 2 feet tall when finished...then when i am finished glazing and baking it, i want to take the measurements then go down the local smithy and get a stand made for it so i can stand the pot in it.....i am so excited already, it is huge and i have to put it on a stool lower on the floor so i can bend down to work on it.....:eek: :eek:

I have some other pics of my recent work i have done, will send u the pics later this week....Big Grin

Good going cubbie Big Grin

What type of clay are you using? ... and what colour are you going to glaze it ..... Have you tried hand painting differetn designs on some of your work and then glazing it with a clear glaze ....
Quote:Originally posted by Daniela
Good going cubbie Big Grin

What type of clay are you using? ... and what colour are you going to glaze it ..... Have you tried hand painting differetn designs on some of your work and then glazing it with a clear glaze ....

Hi Dani,

Using Craft Crank, not sure if you get that in SA...very soft but got good texture, brown in colour but bakes to a light terracotta.

I am aiming to put it in my dining room as i am completely redecorating it, and i want it to compliment the colour schemes, which are a mix of earthy colours. Will see what colours i can get to do it...

I have hand painted some of my pots, they look stunning, i got a pic of the latest one but my scanner is sick, so when it is better i will send u the pic via email.....:thumbs: this pot is stunning, it looks like one pot stuck in another, quite a hard task but totally satisfying when it was finished...Smile

Just made my son a pizza plate so need to glaze it and when the biscuit firing is done will bake it then...Smile

What are the names of the clay that you use besides the slip casting??
cubbie,
I only use a very white stoneware clay... either in liquid form (slip) or solid form , which we use for sculpting or jiggering. I no longer have time to throw on the wheel sob ... even though I love it ... so have sold my wheel.

All of our work is hand painted ... using underglazes or stains ... then it's dipped in a transparent glaze and then fired at 1200 C or higher.

I would love to see a pic of your pot ... so hurry up and get that digi cam :p ... no need for scanner then Wink