Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norton AV 2004 Confusion
Ok... I am really confused.

I have Norton 2004 AV and Firewall installed on my laptop. I got a notice on it to renew my subscription...

A friend of mine suggested that I uninstall NAV and reinstall it, then the subs are good again for a year....

So, I did just that, but it still tells me that I have to renew my subs and now I have this bubble with Windows telling me that it isn't sure if I am protected or not.... Never had this &^*&^*%&^% bubble thing before.....even tho my NAV is activated.

What have I done?? :bigcry: :duh:
Beans
BOL,

If you have Win XP SP 2 you will get this pop up from Microsoft.
It is anoying but it is like Big Bill is worried about you.

Ask Picanin - The Linux penquins do not look so well after you like uncle Bill does Wink
I also had Norton anti-virus 2004 & was also told to re-new my subscription but haven't. I now rely on AVG, so hope that is good enough. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer more advice about this.
Curio Wrote:I also had Norton anti-virus 2004 & was also told to re-new my subscription but haven't. I now rely on AVG, so hope that is good enough. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer more advice about this.

see: http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/show...ight=virus
Curio Wrote:I also had Norton anti-virus 2004 & was also told to re-new my subscription but haven't. I now rely on AVG, so hope that is good enough. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer more advice about this.

I have used AVG for a very long time without any problems occuring Curio :thumbs:

I read somewhere of the latest greatest freebee anti virus - now to find it Sad
BOL,

I said nothing but download Limewire (http://www.limewire.com)
Click on program and type in Norton Antivirus.

I say nothing - read for your self Wink
FB

I wouldn't recommend the downloading from such sites unless the users are experienced in protecting their computers, because once you use those P2P sites you will certainly have probes on your computer continually

Smile

:comp:
TheDuck Wrote:FB

I wouldn't recommend the downloading from such sites unless the users are experienced in protecting their computers, because once you use those P2P sites you will certainly have probes on your computer continually

Smile

:comp:

Yip I understand your concern (never mind the legalities) - sorry just tried to help but you are right it is a dicey move.

I once downloaded a program and it worked (dreamweaver)
Thanx!

I'll check it all out.....

Will let you know!
Beans

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Norton anti virus help please Curio 7 4,045 13-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok