Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old wives tales!!!!!!!!
Piglets thread just reminded me of all the old wives tales we were told as kids or those that the old people (and some of us Wink ) still swear by. ie.....

heartburn during pregnancy = baby with lots of hair.

eating chocolate during pregnancy = baby with bad skin.

if the wind changes direction while you are pulling a funny face, your face will stay like that.

touch a frog and you'll get warts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a full moon affects woman Rolleyes

any more????
if you sit on a table you won't get a husband. I made a point of sitting on tables and I did get a husband!
I still love chocolate.
Full moon affects me, that's for sure. I am more restless when the moon is full. If I'm having a bad night sleeping it happens far more often when there's a full moon.

Hospitals also report a lot more more accidents and personal assaults happen during full moon.
Quote:Originally posted by Toktokkie
Full moon affects me, that's for sure. I am more restless when the moon is full. If I'm having a bad night sleeping it happens far more often when there's a full moon.

Hospitals also report a lot more more accidents and personal assaults happen during full moon.

ja, ja, ja I also believe there is some truth in it but not the way some people or some members of a certain gender pu it...there is a difference between being a bit restless and being absolutely nutsRolleyes Big Grin
my Mom believed that she would not fall pregnant if she was lactating my sister.....but she did.....somehow breast milk she believed would act as a contraceptive...foei tog...she had my baby sister and between my two baby sisters,..they are a yr and a week apart........:haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
my Mom believed that she would not fall pregnant if she was lactating my sister.....but she did.....somehow breast milk she believed would act as a contraceptive...foei tog...she had my baby sister and between my two baby sisters,..they are a yr and a week apart........:haha:

My hubby's nana was told the same thing, and she had 3 boys all one year apart!!!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
My hubby's nana was told the same thing, and she had 3 boys all one year apart!!!
Yep....my mother-in-law ...a nurse nogal!!!...believed this too and her younger sons were born in the same year!!!!! One in January '72 and the other December '72! Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by MzInterpret
Yep....my mother-in-law ...a nurse nogal!!!...believed this too and her younger sons were born in the same year!!!!! One in January '72 and the other December '72! Rolleyes

That'll learn 'em!!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M

my poor mom never set foot out of her front door for the first months she was so embarrassed....:haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

haha... they actually tell you this is a "myth" at the prenatal classes now! *guess many have learnt the lesson the hard way!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  inherited parenting practices & old wives tales Piglet 21 12,152 21-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Piglet