Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlook express problem...
I would be soooooo pleased if anyone can help me....
problem is I use e-mail through outlook express windows XP Proffesional. Now for few weeks some of the background pictures are just little square boxes with a red cross in it and I have no idea how to get it to be the picture again!!! If you righ click nothing happens!
I am so frustrated because I am sure I had this problem before and thought that when I changed my security settings from high to medium on norton it worked. But nope.
So please any help or suggestions will be appreciated!! Smile
I would also like to know too sis .......then I can see what it is you are sending me Wink
Quote:Originally posted by suep
I would also like to know too sis .......then I can see what it is you are sending me Wink

Ditto, though not the sis part :haha:

Sorry Oe, I've no idea what the problem could be Sad

I'd suggest that the pictures were removed because they have a virus attached but as I don't have an anti-virus (unless my ISP uses one) that doesn't make sense.
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Ditto, though not the sis part

Sorry Oe, I've no idea what the problem could be Sad

I'd suggest that the pictures were removed because they have a virus attached but as I don't have an anti-virus (unless my ISP uses one) that doesn't make sense.

Ag no man I thought you would be able to help Jan!! :o
Quote:Originally posted by oe-la-la
Ag no man I thought you would be able to help Jan!! :o

Sorry Oe Blush
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Sorry Oe Blush

Not good enough!! Sad Big Grin
Not good enough!! Sad Big Grin

I'll have to :rofl: ask my good friend Bill Gate$ :jester:

So has no-one got an answer to Oe's problem ?
I would be soooooo pleased if anyone can help me....
problem is I use e-mail through outlook express windows XP Proffesional. Now for few weeks some of the background pictures are just little square boxes with a red cross in it and I have no idea how to get it to be the picture again!!! If you righ click nothing happens!
I am so frustrated because I am sure I had this problem before and thought that when I changed my security settings from high to medium on norton it worked. But nope.
So please any help or suggestions will be appreciated!! Smile

Lo oe la la ,

Check in your SEND ITEMS if you send a mail that there is a jpg / giff / bmp attachement and that it can be "seen".

That is the first step.

Also do this :

Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > SEND > HTML SETTINGS

Make sure that "send Pics with message" is ticked.

If that is all ok - it is actially someone that send to you that has it NOT ticked.

Another question : Are you ONLINE or OFFLINE if this happens.

Some HTML e-mail actually requires you to be online to down load the contents of the mail.

Send me a mail with your e-mail address and I can reply with a pic or cartoon and you MUST see mine (as it does send it) ok ?

Cheers

FBi
Quote:Originally posted by FlyingBok
Lo oe la la ,

Check in your SEND ITEMS if you send a mail that there is a jpg / giff / bmp attachement and that it can be "seen".

That is the first step.

Also do this :

Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > SEND > HTML SETTINGS

Make sure that "send Pics with message" is ticked.

If that is all ok - it is actially someone that send to you that has it NOT ticked.

Another question : Are you ONLINE or OFFLINE if this happens.

Some HTML e-mail actually requires you to be online to down load the contents of the mail.

Send me a mail with your e-mail address and I can reply with a pic or cartoon and you MUST see mine (as it does send it) ok ?

Cheers

FBi

Thanks FBi

The problem is some of the mail when I receive it has got the pic so I can see it, but then when I forward it it's just the little red cross in the square box; but then yet some send okay!

I've checked what you mentioned before - and the sent pics with mess is ticked. I am usually online when sending, and it wassen't a prob before so somewhere someone has done something and it wassen't me!! Sad

I'll send you a mail so you can see what I mean. Thanks again! Smile
Thanks FBi

The problem is some of the mail when I receive it has got the pic so I can see it, but then when I forward it it's just the little red cross in the square box; but then yet some send okay!

I've checked what you mentioned before - and the sent pics with mess is ticked. I am usually online when sending, and it wassen't a prob before so somewhere someone has done something and it wassen't me!! Sad

I'll send you a mail so you can see what I mean. Thanks again! Smile

Ok that happens a lot to me but should not happen to you (unless you also have such a slow connection as me)

What happens is that your mail contains "web Content" and before it is full downloaded you send it again ... or the guy that send it to you send before the full "web content" was downloaded.

Hope I make sense ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IE/Outlook/MSN not working spam 3 5,076 30-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Sound Problem angelbabe 7 4,242 27-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Last Post: angelbabe
  Another IE 6 Problem angelbabe 1 3,012 04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Last Post: angelbabe
  Google's Gmail hits trademark problem TheDuck 0 3,157 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: