Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photoshop Colours
Please help. I'm new to digital imaging, and having trouble with my colour settings.

I have just installed Photoshop 7 and was asked in the set-up what colour settings I wanted. I had no idea what to choose and chose random settings. However, they are coming up horribly bright .. almost luminescent. What do I have to adjust to get 'normal' tones?
Hi Nataliiie, are you working on photographs or your own pictures.

This could get complex........... you may have to give me some more information, pm me if it helps. It sounds as though your screen colour calibration could be the problem though, at this stage look under 'view' on the top menu and see what view setting you are viewing your documents in. It may have something to do with the gamma side of things......

Most of the random colour settings that you installed depend on what sort of output you need it for ie for professional printing (CMYK) or something that you are doing for your own printer - it would need to be different if for the for web too (RGB). The actual 'colour settings' would probably be (if I remember correctly since I have been upgraded from where you are and things are very different) under the edit menu. These would affect the actual colour tones depending on what the pictures are for - but that is another kettle of fish and I will get tongue-tied if I even attempt to explain that here and anybody cleverer than me would probably get confused too.

I use photoshop for professional printing purposes though, but if I can help you just ask, I can only but try.
Thanks egnat. I'll pm you when I'm in front of my pc and can find out more.

But I suspect you're right that it's my pc's settings and not the settings required by Photoshop.

Not sure if it's possible through pm, but will try and send a copies of the pics (photos) worked on.

Thanks again for replying
Also remember that if you are working on images for web design it is often safer to set the sliders to web safe colours
Nataliiie, you could email the pictures to me if they aren't massive (work server.....) I will pm you my address.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photoshop birdie 5 3,464 14-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Last Post: ForumAdmin