Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promotion
I got a promotion before I went away on hols and was happy with the whole thing but asked to have it put down in writing. I'm still waiting.....

Also my 'lovely' colleague has been treating me like the stuff on the bottom of a shoe for the past week as she has been told. Only speaks in Welsh to me (huh!) and snapes and chucks things instead of passing them. I know its sour grapes and the like, but GET A LIFE. Have spoken to the Directors but have been told that is the way she is. So basically must get used to the xenophobic remarks and everything. I don't think so. have been trying to see HR manager but she's too busy at the mo.

Have had enough of the attitude and have started to look for a new job. The company obviously doesn't value me or the work I do, so perhaps my colleague can have the job, she how she does? I can do better and be appreciated somewhere else.

Sorry had to get it off my chest.
feeling better now?
seems like you have a right fun office

Wink

we hope she marks all the sheep that kick with an X .. so her hubby can stay happy
gwasi Wrote:I got a promotion before I went away on hols and was happy with the whole thing but asked to have it put down in writing. I'm still waiting.....

Also my 'lovely' colleague has been treating me like the stuff on the bottom of a shoe for the past week as she has been told. Only speaks in Welsh to me (huh!) and snapes and chucks things instead of passing them. I know its sour grapes and the like, but GET A LIFE. Have spoken to the Directors but have been told that is the way she is. So basically must get used to the xenophobic remarks and everything. I don't think so. have been trying to see HR manager but she's too busy at the mo.

Have had enough of the attitude and have started to look for a new job. The company obviously doesn't value me or the work I do, so perhaps my colleague can have the job, she how she does? I can do better and be appreciated somewhere else.

Sorry had to get it off my chest.

Must be frustrating for you :wall: But what works the best is to ignore her ignorance and just keep being yourself..she would soon see it doesn't 'get' to you and then back off.
If she speak welsh again try answering her in Afrikaans Big Grin :innocent:
Sterkte gwasi!!!!

:hug:
TheDuck Wrote:we hope she marks all the sheep that kick with an X .. so her hubby can stay happy

:haha:

At least see the humour.. Welsh is spoken in a handful of countries with Welsh residents who might understand her..

English is spoken across the world where the understanding becomes second nature to even the Welsh
Wink

I must add the handful of Welsh people I've met have been great. Simply put. Though it's been in Engerland Wink
oe-la-la Wrote:Must be frustrating for you :wall: But what works the best is to ignore her ignorance and just keep being yourself..she would soon see it doesn't 'get' to you and then back off.
If she speak welsh again try answering her in Afrikaans Big Grin :innocent:

My Afrikaans is nie goed nie. But given that I won't sink to her level, don't want to give her any excuse to claim I'm being racist. She's very quick to play that card in regards to anyone saying anything negative at all about her land. Afterall she's 'A Son of Glyndwr'. The Welshman who was educated by the English and took the castles from them, then after 4 years the Welsh left him to his fate. He didn't have any sons!

I sit and do my work and let her carry on, this riles her even more.

You think that once you leave school all this rubbish is behind you, but it seems here it isn't.

Duck she's not married and that might explain a thing or two.

Cheffie most welsh are great people, I live in a very welsh national area and they're great.

Perhaps its just her.

Grit teeth and get on.
Gwasi, I have a grumpy old man in my office and use reverse tactics with him. The grumpier he is with me the sweeter I am to him Big Grin drives him nuts! :thumbs:
Firstly, gwasi, congratulations on your promotion. :thumbs: Your employers obviously do recognise & appreciate you as a hard worker. Big Grin

As for the moo you're working with. Just picure her sitting on the loo & you'll be able to keep a smile on your face whilst dealing with her! :camdu: I've done this in the past when dealing with difficult people & it does work! Wink
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Suagry sweet, that's me at the mo. Smiling when orders are mislaid by her, smiling when phone messages are forgotten, smiling when things are chucked. In the end she will get found out and I'll still smile sweeetly.

Before that happens i have been taking it out on the weeds in the garden, picture her face and rip them out.