Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puberty
From what age does puberty really start??

Do the boys also develop earlier as well, okay they have fathered kids at young ages, but talking of facial hair etc...like girls developing their menstruation cycles earlier and earlier and having babies at earlier ages.....??

I have noticed alot of boys in my son's yr, who are clashing alot as well, wondering if this is not perhaps the age of hormones raging and climbing into each other.....

As kids normally fight from babies - but i have never really taken notice of it happening at 11 -

Although i can imagine competitiveness playing a role in it, is it like the dogs marking their territory??

Kids are a strange lot...

Wink
Cubby boys are later than girls but I think with boys it really starts at about 11 where girls it can start from about 9. I at the moment have one who is 12 but she started going into puberty at about 11 and a half (she is a late starter) whereas her cousins are 10, 12 and 13 and are well into puberty. Then we have one who is 16 going on 60 (and what a mixture puberty and teenager) :wall: :chorus:
Cubbie......it has started in my house!!!Sad My son is 12 and I think the hormones are on the move.....

He is normally a very quiet, well manered boy...but recently he has been getting moodier!! Yesterday we had a "discussion" Rolleyes on why he couldnt have an ice cream!!!

Then later on we had another "discussion" on why I thought he should use his own pocket money to buy the latest Simpson comic, and why he thought I should pay for it!!!

Oh its all good fun hey?
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Cubbie......it has started in my house!!!Sad My son is 12 and I think the hormones are on the move.....

He is normally a very quiet, well manered boy...but recently he has been getting moodier!! Yesterday we had a "discussion" Rolleyes on why he couldnt have an ice cream!!!

Then later on we had another "discussion" on why I thought he should use his own pocket money to buy the latest Simpson comic, and why he thought I should pay for it!!!

Oh its all good fun hey?

Lol Suep...that sound exactly like my son and he's only turning 9....
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha
Lol Suep...that sound exactly like my son and he's only turning 9....

I have been through it all before with my girls who are now 24 and 21.............and I thought boys were supposed to be easier :wall:
thanks for the replies, i certainly feel he is going to start soon, so argumentative, has his own opinion on alles...Rolleyes he mos knows alles...Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
thanks for the replies, i certainly feel he is going to start soon, so argumentative, has his own opinion on alles...Rolleyes he mos knows alles...Rolleyes

Nothing wrong with having an opinion.....but I know what you mean about argumentative :haha:

where did I put that hair dye.....to cover all the grey Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
so argumentative, has his own opinion on alles...Rolleyes he mos knows alles...Rolleyes

This sounds about right - mine think I am stupid (but have never actually said it), never lived a life, don't know what it is like to be a teenager, never went to school - so what do I know Rolleyes having puberty/teenagers is not fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
This sounds about right - mine think I am stupid (but have never actually said it), never lived a life, don't know what it is like to be a teenager, never went to school - so what do I know Rolleyes having puberty/teenagers is not fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Just to let you all know......it does get better :haha:

My girls drove me insane when they were going through teenager stage.........exactly as you said Jillibeans.......we are stupid....have never been teenagers etc etc "Mum you dont understand" Rolleyes ..........

but now we are the best of friends...........just have to survive it all again with my son :wall:
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Just to let you all know......it does get better :haha:

My girls drove me insane when they were going through teenager stage.........exactly as you said Jillibeans.......we are stupid....have never been teenagers etc etc "Mum you dont understand" Rolleyes ..........

but now we are the best of friends...........just have to survive it all again with my son :wall:

:hooray: :cheer: So you mean there is light at the end of the tunnel - Sue you have just made my day - thanks :thumbs: