Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration Of Birth??
Sorry for all the questions ... but I gather we also will have to register the birth in England in order to get a birth certificate.
Leigh Wrote:Hi Girls

Sorry if this seems like a silly question.. but do we have to register the birth here in England as well?

Even if your baby does not qualify immediately for British citizenship, I would think you would have to. It does make it easier for when you apply for citizenhip later.
When I gave birth the midwife insisted I register my baby, telling me that if I didn't, it was up to her to follow it up and make sure I did. And I have a very South African accent, so she would have guessed I was foreign Smile
Leigh Wrote:Am I reading it correctly that we as parents have to submit our birth certificates too ??

Yes we had to. Smile
Leigh Wrote:Sorry for all the questions ... but I gather we also will have to register the birth in England in order to get a birth certificate.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/births/ This site will give you all the info you need Smile

All of the very best for the birth of your baby. Smile How long do you have to go?
:babyroll:
Hi...

Sorry I have taken so long to reply... as you can imagine, new baby, bank hols etc etc!

We are here on Ancestral visa, which means that hubby and I can only apply for ILR in about 2 years' time and then apply to become citizens. Once we apply for ILR then Joshua will automatically become a British citizen.

At the mo he is still a SA citizen, thus his birth has to be registered in SA, but because he was born here, his birth has to be registered here too.

You will see when you get out of hospital with your baby, you will be given a set of notes, on these notes they will let you know where to go to register your baby. According to the laws of the land, you have 45 days to register your baby's birth.

The normal birth certificate is free, but you pay something like 3 quid for an unabridged version. This is always good to have the unabridged version....

I don't know if I've been any help....
Beans
All of the very best for the birth of your baby. Smile How long do you have to go?
:babyroll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dudette

10 days to go and counting.. don't know who is more nervous.. Gregg or myself.

Thanks for all your help with the registration forms.. had a feeling that we would have to produce our birth certificates but just wanted to make sure.
Bean

Thanks for your help.. I'm sure I will be chatting to you pretty soon for some mommy tips.

How old is Joshua by the way.. sorry am not a regular as you can see by the number of posts... but now that I'm on maternity leave I'm sure will be online more often... well as much as Baby will allow me to be.
Leigh,

Josh is just under 7 weeks old. He came as a bit of a surprise...3 weeks early! Enjoy your maternity leave and get lots of rest!!!!

Where "up North" do you live??
Beans
Aah Bless!

We stay in a place called Orrell which is in Wigan, in between Manchester and Liverpool.

Yeah not long to go now.. just wish Baby Macdonald would hurry up now can't wait to meet him/ her!
Bean of Love

If you around, we need some further advice regarding applying for Holly's SA passport. She is now 8 weeks old (pheww.....time flies) and we will be travelling back to SA in Dec. I know the passport application process takes between 5-6 months so I presume we can get a temp passport or temp travel document or something?
Phuza, Bepha , Souza!!