Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember the bad old days......
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
Would one of these make you feel better Jan?

Lets But Jan a Vax For Christmas (el cheapo pressie!)

Drool !!!! Did you notice the mouse ? That looks like an original DEC mouse, even older than the one we used to use.... :haha:

Pics do you think you could find one with an older version of VMS as I left just after we upgraded to 5.5 Wink

What a pity the postage is so much... :bigcry:
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Drool !!!! Did you notice the mouse ? That looks like an original DEC mouse, even older than the one we used to use.... :haha:

Pics do you think you could find one with an older version of VMS as I left just after we upgraded to 5.5 Wink

What a pity the postage is so much... :bigcry:

Jan we used Micro VAX's on the mills. They are still using them today. I was speaking to one of the systems guys a year or so back and I told him I had considered buying a Micro VAX to play with and he nearly fell on his back when I told him what it had gone for on eBay! How soon top notch technology becomes low brow junk!
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
Jan we used Micro VAX's on the mills. They are still using them today. I was speaking to one of the systems guys a year or so back and I told him I had considered buying a Micro VAX to play with and he nearly fell on his back when I told him what it had gone for on eBay! How soon top notch technology becomes low brow junk!

I think I should send the link to my old colleagues :rofl:

I remember the old Modcomp (can't recall the model though) that we were still using was a headache for the finance department as its value had deteriorated to R1,00 over the years on the books but it was the most expensive object on the plant insurance wise and when it broke down and a pcb was needed it was sent with a courier from either the U.K. or U.S.A. and that couldn't have been cheap...