Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roast Parsnips
I don't know ... those white carrots ... are they worth trying to cook? If so, how do you do it?
I dont like them myself...but you would **** them.....slice them in half length ways then roast as you would a potato....parmessan cheese on top is quite nice apparently
suep Wrote:I dont like them myself...but you would **** them.....slice them in half length ways then roast as you would a potato....parmessan cheese on top is quite nice apparently

why has "that word" meaning to take the skin off the vegetable...been edited out:confused:
suep Wrote:why has "that word" meaning to take the skin off the vegetable...been edited out:confused:

Thank goodness, there I was thinking there was something unsavoury I hadn't heard of, regarding parsnips Blush

:rofl:
dudette Wrote:Thank goodness, there I was thinking there was something unsavoury I hadn't heard of, regarding parsnips Blush

:rofl:

Its the after effects that are unsavoury :rofl:
Hi Dudette....

They are yummy!

Do the "unsavory" thing :haha: and like Sue said, cut lengthwise, and I usually cut the a bit of the core out. Boil for a few minutes, and then roast it. I usually grill them Smile

Confusedanta:
Talking of Christmas veggies......this year I am going to fry the brussel sprouts with streaky bacon......saw it on a cookery programme the other night.....anyone tried them this way?
suep Wrote:Talking of Christmas veggies......this year I am going to fry the brussel sprouts with streaky bacon......saw it on a cookery programme the other night.....anyone tried them this way?

Are you wrapping them in the streaky bacon or what? Smile

I've had it before.... chopped in quarters and stirfried with onions, bacon and soy sauce. Very good!
Pronkertjie Wrote:Are you wrapping them in the streaky bacon or what? Smile

I've had it before.... chopped in quarters and stirfried with onions, bacon and soy sauce. Very good!

No not wrapping them in the bacon....just cut them in half (or quarters) and chop the bacon up small and fry all together........just something different....get a bit bored with same old steamed veggies.

My house smells very festive all ready, I have boiled my gammon and now it is sitting in the glaze ready to be baked tomorrow.....yummy
http://chef2chef.net/cgi-bin/menuc.cgi?search=parsnips

The link above will give you a few pages of parsnip recipes..

It's not a favourite veggie of mine and I tend to avoid it Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roast butternut and carrot soup Cheffie 0 3,705 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: