Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooibos Tee
I receive a parcel from Italy today with Crema eGusto coffee....

On top of the coffee my friends put a bag of Rooibos tea. It is all printed in Afrikaans "Rooibos" at the top..... the picture on the envelope has two zebras on it, and then the name of the tea is called "Te dei Masai" or Massai Tee" Have never heard it called Massai tea before.... Smile
Rooibos Tea is turning up in the most unusual places lately, isn't it? Smile
Have never heard of that either ! Rooibos is very popular and surprising how some of the Brits like it too once introduced.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Rooibos tea has gained quite a following abroad. Plus there are so many different flavours available now. From the last batch my mom sent me there was vanilla, cherry, honey and cinnamon & apple flavoured tea.

A friend of mine says their local shop sells pina colada and earl grey flavoured rooibos tea amonst a host of other odd flavours.

I found it interesting that they did call it Rooibos.... and not Redbush... or Rooibush .... like some of those we find here in the UK.

In Germany it is definately a big hit.... it comes in all kinds of flavours. Bought the vanilla flavoured one in Holland, but didn't like it at all.

The only one I really like is the honey flavour.