Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Execema
I must agree with mcamp999

Some people benefit by using Exorex and loads of moisturising creams, bath oils etc.

Remember that during winter the air is dry, really!!

Use Aqueous cream instead of soap, of if you want to be smart and spend money, buy Dermol 500 lotion or the shower gel...

It seems to be a terrible problem in the UK.
Cali, eczema and asthma apparently are related as allergy-type conditions, so you might want to try find out if he is allergic to something. In a way, food intolerance might be an underlying cause, so it might be worth looking into.
What you were saying about cows milk is quite true, as many people are lactose-intolerant without realising it. (lactose is the sugar found in cow's milk)
Goats milk is more easiliy digested, so therefore has less chance of being allergenic. Smile

Or that's how I understand it.

Please let us know how you get on, Cali, I would love to find out.
A year ago RKAD was still seen as asthmatic and now he is not seen as that anymore, we still keep the pump in the house and use it very infrequently.

What allergy it could be is still foreign to us

The wife reckons the sun of SA - Spain or Aussie might just solve it

Wink
Aah, I think you might have hit the nail on the head there. I suffer with asthma (heridatory) and it was one of the first things I got checked out with Connor. I really didn't know they were related until a colleague at work mentioned it today as well. Now, I suffer from sensitive skin and a hundred allergies so I thought that Connor had inherited 'some' good genes from his father!

He used to drink soooo much milk it was unreal, approx 14 pints a week until he was nearly 4 (I think).

Started today with the gluten-free bread - which he tells me is rather tasty (I don't eat bread) and better than the 'other stuff' - some goats milk went with him to breakfast club and some organic mini-moo's went in his lunchbox. He wasn't that keen on the goats milk but we'll see.

Thank you all for the advice, it's just so emotive to see him quite obviously itching and hurting and not being able to do a lot for him.

Joan, my mom swears by the acqueous cream but I do not get on with it for some reason. I found the children's E-45 to work quite well - it calms down the skin.

Mcamp99 - comfrey was one of the remedies suggested in this health magazine. Shall certaintly give it a whirl.
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
Asthma and allergies ( whether it is called intolerance or whatever) go hand in hand.
Children's E45 is great, but do ask your doctor for a prescription for Dermol, or even Epaderm.

Hope you can solve the problem Cali

Let me know, but do realise, I will be on holiday from Thursday till 23 February!!

:music:
Joan Wrote:Let me know, but do realise, I will be on holiday from Thursday till 23 February!!

:music:

Sun in SA ... no doubt

:haha: Confusedunny:

Thanx Joan .. will get wifey to see whether she has had a go at dermol and epaderm

Then who knows we may even try Popeye mcamp's stuff

Wink
TheDuck Wrote:Sun in SA ... no doubt

:haha: Confusedunny:

Thanx Joan .. will get wifey to see whether she has had a go at dermol and epaderm

Then who knows we may even try Popeye mcamp's stuff

Wink
Come visit us in SA and we will see what the sun, see etc can do........

mcamp has no popeye stuff, believe you me!

:read: