Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smokers should not bedshare with babies
dudette Wrote:Ideally mothers shouldn't smoke, but this is not realistic ... you are certainly not going to get smokers to stop unless they are ready to.
Secondly, my babies slept in their little carry cot next to our bed as a rule, and then at around 3 months they were moved to their own cot. But this didn't stop me, if I felt like it, letting my baby sleep in the bed with me from time to time. Smile
I suppose what the article is talking about is babies co-sleeping on a regular basis.

Have now read the article and out of my respect for you will not comment on it as your post is noble and has been posted for all the right reasons unlike the article... Smile
That was my feeling with regard to the article too. Can you imagine poor parents feeling compelled to pick up their baby from their nice warm bed to their cot when they would much rather snuggle with their baby because of studies that blame them again for smoking.
This guilt trip they are trying to undertake is not helpful and the sooner they realise it the better.
dudette Wrote:That was my feeling with regard to the article too. Can you imagine poor parents feeling compelled to pick up their baby from their nice warm bed to their cot when they would much rather snuggle with their baby because of studies that blame them again for smoking.
This guilt trip they are trying to undertake is not helpful and the sooner they realise it the better.

The artcle is so "different" that no-one can take it seriously.... Smile
I have never smoked....I only ever smoke when I get really really sloshed...which is very seldom..

Anyhow, I agree with the Icecub on this one...there are no golden rules for making your baby bond with you better. I believe that providing a loving stable home is just as vital. Showing and giving your children the love and support they need when they want it etc..

Andy sleeps in his own cot, he has done this from 4½ months. And his big bro got the same treatment. René has a very strong bond with both of us. So ...
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Babies Choice penelope 1 3,258 15-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dudette
  Signing for babies dudette 11 6,492 04-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Court
  New law says 11-year-olds must use car seats, just like babies Pronkertjie 0 6,965 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: