Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who is from Cape Town?
Quote:Originally posted by mcamp999
My wife worked in the nursery school; at 2 mil for a number of years, looked after many of the

i popped out in 81.
Quote:Originally posted by squeaky
i popped out in 81.

She started there in about 84/85 as a teacher.
She started there in about 84/85 as a teacher.

Did your wife perhaps study at Barclay House, and if so did she know a Sandy Dryburgh ?
Hagar the Lovable (and to some the Horrible) Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Hagar
Did your wife perhaps study at Barclay House, and if so did she know a Sandy Dryburgh ?

She certainly did go to Barclay house, will have to ask her about Sandy. I do know that there was a singer in their class who went on to do very well. Started off singing in the Pig and whistle and her name was Wendy Oldfield I think.
She certainly did go to Barclay house, will have to ask her about Sandy.

Great catch you later Smile
Hagar the Lovable (and to some the Horrible) Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Hagar
Great catch you later Smile

Shelagh was there from 82-84 but the only Sandy she remembers was a girl with ginger hair, but she was older.
She certainly did go to Barclay house, will have to ask her about Sandy. I do know that there was a singer in their class who went on to do very well. Started off singing in the Pig and whistle and her name was Wendy Oldfield I think.

And Wendy Oldfield went to school at Springfield Convent and she did spend some time at Barclay House
i was born at 2 military hospital in wynberg lived in plumstead till i was 12 moved to durban but went back to cape town when i was 21 and still call it my home!! can't believe you have to pay R20 to go around chapman's peak - views are spectacular from there!
Queen D
Me Born and bred in Wynberg, been in the UK since 1979!!Cool
Cheers PAV
Quote:Originally posted by delbayley
i was born at 2 military hospital in wynberg lived in plumstead till i was 12 moved to durban but went back to cape town when i was 21 and still call it my home!! can't believe you have to pay R20 to go around chapman's peak - views are spectacular from there!

I was born in Kingsbury Nursing Home in Wynberg, my family lived in Plumstead in the 60's.

Someone would have to pay me R 20-00 to go around Chapmans Peak......I am too poep bang!!!!!!!!:o

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is from the Western Cape/Boland? Bushbaby 9 7,599 05-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Last Post: AustrianEllie