Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South African Gp A Step Closer
The prospects for Formula 1Â’s mooted return to South Africa appear to have taken a step forward with the involvement of an investment firm named African Renaissance Holdings (ARH), which has joined forces with the group putting together the bid. Read more here
That is great news Lols Smile

Here are some more snippets from the article

Bernie Ecclestone declared, “We are going to South Africa – it’s not a question of if, only when.”

...not least because it raises the possibility of a street race in Durban as an alternative to a new purpose-built track. Interesting Smile

...Formula One Management and Mr Ecclestone are extremely well disposed towards staging the event in South Africa and we are probably still looking at April 2008 as the date for the first race... :cheer:
Wonderful news and about time to!

I can still remember the days when the leading drivers used to come to South Africa to race and one that springs to mind is the late Jim Clarke on the old Roy Hesketh Circuit in Maritzburg making it look so easy round there.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
Oom Rob Wrote:Wonderful news and about time to!

old Roy Hesketh Circuit in Maritzburg making it look so easy round there.

Hidy Ho Oom.

That's where I taught my step daughter to drive!!!!
I am Immortal
I have inside me Blood of Kings!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South Africa Closes In On Gp lols 0 3,103 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: