Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring appears to have sprung...
I noticed on my way into work yesterday a pair of magpies attending their chicks. They are about a month early with the breeding but I have also heard that the nightingales are already back and they normally only return to Ireland in mid-April!

It is a fact that spring is arriving earlier and earlier with every passing year, and that all the other seasons are also shifting earlier every year. It remains alarming though when you see flowers in bloom throughout winter, and birds building nests from just past Christmas onward.
Bushbaby Wrote:I noticed on my way into work yesterday a pair of magpies attending their chicks. They are about a month early with the breeding but I have also heard that the nightingales are already back and they normally only return to Ireland in mid-April!

It is a fact that spring is arriving earlier and earlier with every passing year, and that all the other seasons are also shifting earlier every year. It remains alarming though when you see flowers in bloom throughout winter, and birds building nests from just past Christmas onward.

already i have loads of daffodils coming out....boggles the mind when it is so cold...they are really hardy flowers...

have not noticed any wildlife such as birds etc coming out early - must have my blinkers on again...
I haven't seen any birds around much ... the coots are much more braver though, when we go fetch the ducks... (they're the ones with the white bits above their noses, aren't they?)

It is lovely to see my snowdrops out though Big Grin