Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Springbok radio programmes
#1
Who remembers Springbok radio?
What programmes did you listen to?

As a child I remember listening to
"chappie chipmunk"
"Jet Jungle"
And on a friday night as I was allowed to stay up a bit later "Squad cars".




Most of these were from the early to mid 70's before tv came out in S.A.

Hope I have posted this in the right section.
Reply
#2
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Who remembers Springbok radio?
What programmes did you listen to?

As a child I remember listening to
"chappie chipmunk"
"Jet Jungle"
And on a friday night as I was allowed to stay up a bit later "Squad cars".




Most of these were from the early to mid 70's before tv came out in S.A.


I do Smile

The shows I remember the most however are the Sunday evening shows; Men from the Ministry, Check your Mate and Test the team, as well as Pip Freedman and Art (Linkletter ?) on Saturday mornings as well of course as the music programs Big Grin
Reply
#3
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
I do Smile

The shows I remember the most however are the Sunday evening shows; Men from the Ministry, Check your Mate and Test the team, as well as Pip Freedman and Art (Linkletter ?) on Saturday mornings as well of course as the music programs Big Grin

I know Pumahouse has many programmes to listen too, so did rlsuth, but I do not know whether he posts here....




:dazed:
Reply
#4
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
I know Pumahouse has many programmes to listen too, so did rlsuth, but I do not know whether he posts here....




:dazed:


Not sure either but here is his site:

http://www.rlsuth.com/

I think Pumamouse is mainly jingles though... Here is the link to Pumamouse:

http://pumamouse.com/springbokradio.html
Reply
#5
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Not sure either but here is his site:

http://www.rlsuth.com/

I think Pumamouse is mainly jingles though... Here is the link to Pumamouse:

http://pumamouse.com/springbokradio.html

Thank you Jangar, one can always depend on you!!
Now it is bedtime for me!



:rofl:
Reply
#6
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Thank you Jangar, one can always depend on you!!
Now it is bedtime for me!



:rofl:

I like to help where I can Smile

Haven't been to the TP thread for a while, but I hope you've guessed the answer Big Grin
Reply
#7
I used to love Consider Your Verdict on Wensdays, and the the Chappie Chipmunk show as well. Smile
Reply
#8
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Who remembers Springbok radio?
What programmes did you listen to?

As a child I remember listening to
"chappie chipmunk"
"Jet Jungle"
And on a friday night as I was allowed to stay up a bit later "Squad cars".




Most of these were from the early to mid 70's before tv came out in S.A.

Hope I have posted this in the right section.



I remember those! Big Grin

My aunt recently sent my son a tape with "Chappie Chipmunk" stories with Leonard Leopard. It brought back such wonderful memories! :bigcry: Big Grin
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Reply
#9
I certainly remember Springbok Radio with great fondness! I recall often listening to various programmes in the evenings with my very special granny when I was very young. There was also a programme called Doctor ..... something-or-other ... if I remember right, that my Mom and Gran used to listen to at 8.45 on week day mornings. Gosh, that was when I was a little pree-schooler still Wink

What were the quiz programmes that were on in the evenings? Pick-a-box ... and what else??

I would also not miss the Hit Parade on Saturday afternoons. Was it called Pilot Radio Hits of the Week??

Wow, this is REALLY dredging up the V.E.R.Y distant past

:music: :music: :music: :music:
Reply
#10
If my memory serves me correctly there was also a "Crime Watch" type of programme that came on on Wednesday nights at 7.30pm. Real life thing, where you could contact them to help solve the crimes etc

What a very different world we grew up in compared to the children of today!!! I am so glad I was a "child of the 60's"! I so enjoyed those evenings, sharing this with my granny
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  favourite movie/tv programmes Curio 16 5,656 20-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Tara

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)