Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeth
Just had my wisdom teeth out - well yesterday.

Must just commend the NHS style of doing things... when you arrive early (like an hour early) they put you to the top of the queue - so I thought yooohoooo I get to go first. Then this woman comes in also early and starts making a fuss about this that and the other so she gets bumped to the top of the queue. Then they decide that since mine is the whammy of all they have to do that day (3 compacted wisdom teeth) I shall be going last. Rolleyes So I arrived at 12pm... had my operation at 2pm and left the hospital at 7pm (that was down to complications though!). While I was a tad annoyed about this... I honestly cannot fault them for aftercare services... i had a bit of a seizure while coming out of the operation and it was all a tad hair-raising - the doctors and nurses kept me there for so long afterwards to see if I was fine. They have then phoned me three times today to see if I have any chest pains due to the pummeling they apparently gave me! (no...just some fantastic bruising! lol ).

So thumbs up to the NHS... and I really mean that.

They must sort out their hospital gowns though... too long and tooooo ugly! Big Grin
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
Quote:Originally posted by Cali
Just had my wisdom teeth out - well yesterday.

They must sort out their hospital gowns though... too long and tooooo ugly! Big Grin

Did you get us a pic of u in the hospital gown Wink ? .... glad it's over Cali .... not a nice op .... I've had one out ... nearly bled to death after ... well not quite Big Grin .... hope you mend fast Smile
eeeoooowww. no way... did i get a pic of me in a hospital gown! Just took a piccie of me now though... I look super spaced out! But I shall be using it at Halloween to scare small children! lol

Ja the bleeding goes on forever but I've actually found 7 stitches in my mouth now so things are progressing. Am soooo hungry though!
Hi Cali... glad you made it ok through the NHS!!

I personally don't have much faith in them... but hooraay for you!!! :haha:
Beans
Ouch Calli!!!

Hope you recover soon. Guess you have a 'holy' mouth now.... Smile

:daisy:
Hi Cali
Wow, that must have been worrying for a while(seizure), glad to see you came out of it aok....in the end
I too, had badly impacted wisdom teeth and also had them cut or taken out under general anaesethic... also woke up with a very painful chest, felt like someone had jumped on it.....Thought maybe the dentist had to stand on my chest to pull the teeth...
lol(great visions of him pulling with his foot on my chest) . The only difference being when I had mine done I was still in SA. I can fully appreciate how u feel..... jelly for a while...
actually, I was so starving afterwards, the next day I went out to a braai and sort of tried to chew on some meat.... rather painful
but I was hungry...(am not a lover of pap). I managed by chewing with my front teeth it must have looked rather funny, well I know I did, cos I looked like a chipmunk/hamster(puffy cheeks). Had chipmunk look for several days....
Petunia/Carry
I had my wisdom tooth out in the chair with just a local anesthetic ..... it was growing side ways and just the point was through ... so it had to be cut out .... I remember feeling all the tugging etc ..... and there was an awful lot of bleeding at home ..... but I think that is because I kept rinsing my mouth out with water ...... anyway I survived Big Grin .... shame Cali ..... u gonna look like a hampster for a while Wink
Ouch, Cali!

They really yank on your teeth to pull them out, so it's no wonder your face is swollen. I had one removed about 3 years ago because it had cracked, and whilst it was not sore (as I had injections) it was bizarre feeling them pulling away at it!

If I go ahead and get braces, they will remove 3 more teeth, and I am so NOT looking forward to it! Instant diet for a few days, though - a soft food one at least.

I really do hope you feel better soon, though Big Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks everyone... it's wierd. I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday.

My mouth has gone down a bit more - and luckily although I had three teeth removed, I've only got swelling on one side (where the doctor had to remove some bone! :o from my jaw!)

Had the one done under local some months ago and that was no problem... I think I was under the impression that these three would also be no problem!

I'm not good with pain (I'll be honest and say I'm rather 'male-like' when it comes to things like this! Wink ) and now I'm back off to bed! lol
Cali do yourself a favour and get yourself some arnica 30c as it is really good for inflamation. Hope you feel better soon Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grow your own teeth in a month mcamp999 0 4,051 01-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Last Post: mcamp999