Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Monster Hour
You know that time of day; doesn't matter what time it is, but its around supper time when you're in the process of boiling the veggies, grilling the meat, setting the table, making the gravy, coordinating the last of supper and the Little One is wailing in your ear, as all she wants is to be picked up! It drives me mad!

What do/did you do to deal with this stressful time of day so you can get your hoards fed and keep the Little One happy?
Any suggestions would be appreciated (except where Little Ones were Harmed in the making of such posts Wink )
Highchair, cbeebies or equivalent a bribe and the radio on loud in the kitchen Smile
Enjoy your children whilst they are little.
Time goes so fast.
Before you know it, they are teenagers.
Then the headaches starts.
I try to have a good relationship with my daughter.
But there is so much peer pressure.
Communication is very important.
Trust & love too.
Put baby J in the wheelchair, turn the music on loud, dance around the kitchen while you dish up, cook and do your thing...she will soon stop wailing and laugh at you....i did it and it worked like magic.......Wink

Not easy Dudette, but hope it works...Smile
Quote:Originally posted by MintyLamb
Get your husband to take turns in cooking dinner etc Or while you are cooking dinner get him to get the kids bathed and all cleaned up.

Dudette's hubby is away...is he still away Dudette..Smile
no hurting children :confused: Rolleyes

try feeding your little one slightly earlier, place in high chair with lots of food while you cook; she sounds as if she is just hungry and your cooking smells are setting off the pattern. even if you feed her yesterdays food, saving nights supper for tomorrow.
Quote:Originally posted by MintyLamb
Oh dear, then I'm not sure. I only have a daughter who is 4 and she just plays in her room or watches Cbeebies. I might know what you're talking about as no.2 is due in September. Then comes the crying and the mayem. It's such hard work but undoubtedly the most rewarding.

it is hard, and i am thinking of u, harder when no 2 and 3 come along...but i have only one and he is hard work on his own....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Dudette's hubby is away...is he still away Dudette..Smile

He was back for the week but has left again today. He is really great when he's home and does cook supper most nights, but I can't expect him to cook every night.
Thank you everyone for your great suggestions. I'll try them tonight and let you know how they work Smile
lol I am too familiar with the Mommy Monster....

At the moment mine is driving me up the wall, he does not listen despite me repeatedly asking him to do stuff, he thinks he calls the shots, he's obnoxious and just a pain....

But I love him despite all this, I mean he is my son, and he does have his good sides too.

I thinks some of it is my fault also, being all hormonal from the pregnancy does not make things easier, so the smallest thing will really p*** me off. And it saddens me that I have this mrs. Hyde side....becuase I know that he is not doing it on purpose. Its like I have less patience with him....*eish*

Never mind that though....

Children dont have to eat when we do, I have noticed this. Little kids needs are different to ours, and I feel thats its okay for them to snack during the day, as long as its not sweets. If your little one is hungry cause she can smell and see you cooking, then give her a little morsel of something, some veggies, or a little piece of bread, just to satisfy her until everybody eats.

Turn the cooking experience into a time where you can be together, and enjoy the company of eachother. Let her sit and draw at the table before you eat, or sit with some toys... It sounds like she wants to be with you, and although her timing is not perfect, she does not know this, so its easier to make the best of it....

Good luck... Wink
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*