Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Police
I am a very lucky man, my wife has bought me tickets for my birthdayto see the Police in concert in Munich in September.

There are a lot of really good bands touring Germany this year, amongst them were / are

Eric Clapton
Red Hot Chilli peppers
Greenday
Genesis

and many more, such a pity that we are limited by finances :curse:
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
Is The Police reuniting for this?

I truly enjoyed all the earlier music of their's and then it began changing with Ghost in the Machine

Genesis is the Phil Collins' set-up?

Liked the one song of Green Day, I have heard he is big in Germany

I also know that David Bowie was massive in Germany
TheDuck Wrote:Is The Police reuniting for this?

I truly enjoyed all the earlier music of their's and then it began changing with Ghost in the Machine

Genesis is the Phil Collins' set-up?

Liked the one song of Green Day, I have heard he is big in Germany

I also know that David Bowie was massive in Germany

Yes it's a reunion tour Smile

Genesis played in Denmark a few weeks ago and recieved mixed responses from the critics.

Never a really big fan of the Police but my best friend's brother was so it was playing constantly at their house, way back when :haha:
So what date in September Smile

Phil Collins music isn't the easiest to like

:haha:

as for the Police .. let me say I have only ever bought two tapes for myself and 1 was The Police

Big Grin
I think it is the 5 th or 6 th of September, wifey has not let me see the tickets yet!!

Added to the concert we are leaving our two daughters and the grandchild at home and will have the whole day in Munich, followed by the concert and then spend the night in Munich too.

I am starting to count how many sleeps are left :rofl: :jive: already.

Yep Genesis is Phil collins, Mike Rutherford, and I stand to correction, Tony Banks, I liked a lot of the Genesis stuff, but preferred them with Peter Gabriel as the singer.

It seems that many of the reunion bands or many of the older bands tour Germany because they know there will be fairly good gates.

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull tours Germany regularly, as well as Joe Cocker and Status Quo, and the concerts are almost always sold out. Fascinating

Mr Duck, you may remember a club in Cape Town in the late 70`s called 1066 or something like that ( my memory is not what it was), where the Police music was played a lot. Twas that era
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
Hi Jim

I didn't get to hear the Police music at 1066, I am still a spring chicken in comparison to you, you must remember my wifey is only 30

Big Grin