Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Village
The Village is the latest offering from the director of Sixth Sense and Signs. Have seen a few trailers for it now and it looks fantastic.

It went on general release (according to the web) on the 30th July but is not showing here yet. Have any of you seen it?

For some info on the film: http://thevillage.movies.go.com/
(sorry, couldn't copy and paste from this site)
This looks great! Thank you. Very scary, I would have to take somebody with Big Grin
has anyone watched this? - rick is wanting to go :noway:
it looks scary !!!!!
Opens here on the 20th August (if I was reading the poster correctly through the rain spattered bus window). I will be there on the opening night, and as is always the case with his movies, no soft drinks or popcorn will be brought into the cinema with me -when I get a fright they usually go flying out over the people sitting below me...
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
Opens here on the 20th August (if I was reading the poster correctly through the rain spattered bus window). I will be there on the opening night, and as is always the case with his movies, no soft drinks or popcorn will be brought into the cinema with me -when I get a fright they usually go flying out over the people sitting below me...

hehehehe i have done that with popcorn
it wouldnt be nice with drinks :noway: :haha:
pity it didnt start this friday - the 13thhhhhhhhhhhhh !

LOL, I just wanted to post this. Indeed the 20th of August
I don't think it's out in S.A yet, but hopefully will be sometime soon. If anyone goes to see it, please let us know about it. I enjoyed The Sixth Sense but didn't enjoy Signs as much.
we went to watch this sat'day night

well worth it - go and see it

a weird twist !!!!!! that is all i am saying !!!!!!!!!!1
Smile
Went to see it on Friday. Had some genuine scary moments but I have to admit to feeling a bit cheated by the way it all played out.

Once more of you have seen it I have a few questions I want to ask about specific scenes in the movie - bits that were obviously meant to convey something but bypassed me entirely.
Went to see it on Friday. Had some genuine scary moments but I have to admit to feeling a bit cheated by the way it all played out.

Once more of you have seen it I have a few questions I want to ask about specific scenes in the movie - bits that were obviously meant to convey something but bypassed me entirely.

the 'twist' was good but i agree the ending was a tad sudden

oh dear - what were these scenes? maybe i didnt get them either ! :haha: