Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Village
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
the 'twist' was good but i agree the ending was a tad sudden

oh dear - what were these scenes? maybe i didnt get them either ! :haha:

The cameo scene by the director (for anyone thinking I am spoiling it - this Director does a cameo in all his movies). A lot of info was given in that brief scene but I could not fathom the how/why of its delivery. If you are any the wiser please pm me with the explanation (I think it might hark back to another scene earlier in the movie - involved a box - won't say more).
We've seen it this weekend too. For one I do not like scary movies at all...jumped a few times during this one! I agree jewels a weird twist...but not my kind of fun so no didnt like it at all!
I have seen this yesterday. I think it was an excellent movie and definitely had a deeper meaning. I loved the twist, came unexpected.
BB do you still have questions about this?
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
I have seen this yesterday. I think it was an excellent movie and definitely had a deeper meaning. I loved the twist, came unexpected.
BB do you still have questions about this?

I understand the basic concept behind the movie, but am still trying to figure out the cameo done by the director. So, if you have any insight on this, please enlighten me.
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
I understand the basic concept behind the movie, but am still trying to figure out the cameo done by the director. So, if you have any insight on this, please enlighten me.

Which one was the director? :dazed:
Without giving too much away for those who have not yet seen it - the senior ranger in the rangers hut who sprouted all that semi-pertinent information.
Without giving too much away for those who have not yet seen it - the senior ranger in the rangers hut who sprouted all that semi-pertinent information.

Ahh! I had a thought about who it could be, and this was my only option! Was a bit weird, now that I think about it. I have a few theories Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Ahh! I had a thought about who it could be, and this was my only option! Was a bit weird, now that I think about it. I have a few theories Wink

If you share your theories, I will share mine?

Anyone who has not seen the movie - read no further!
If you share your theories, I will share mine?

[b]Anyone who has not seen the movie - read no further!
[/B]

Okey dokey. This is just a wild guess. I see no reason for the senior ranger to be there, but as you said, he is the director and always has a cameo Rolleyes
Now, didn't the Walker chap mentioned that he had a brother, or is it his brother that got killed? I thought that he must somehow be familiy? (Please take into consideration that this is coming from a blonde, so I am probably waaaayyy off!)

Come on, tell me yours!
I figured he was a) related to the group that met in rehab (the core founders of the village shown in the photo when they look in the chest earlier in the movie) or b) was Walker's brother - but given that he is Indian that is probably a slim hope.

In addition I was confused about the whole Walker family/Walker nature reserve. The brother that was killed was rich, so one can assume that the reserve was created for the express purpose of hiding the village, flight paths were diverted, etc. but it seems strange on the part of the head ranger to know that strings had been pulled for the nature reserve, yet not be curious as to why that happened.

I also figured, given the number of people resident in the Village, that there must have been other people - perhaps extended family - brought in on the deal in addition to the core group, either that or they bred like rabbits.

What say you?