Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reason for Christmas
Wow! Asked little one why we have Christmas and the reply was "So we can get presents". :yikes: It's not as if she's in pre-school she's in year 2. The school is teaching them but she's not interested - only in presents. So I tried a new tact and explained the Jesus was born on Christmas and as he is such a nice man he said that instead of him getting presents, all the children can have them. Reply "I must not trust nice men". I've told her the story and she got that blank look that children get when they are not listening

What are the schools teaching the kids? Sure they have the Nativiety play but the understanding is not there. Kids are scared of nice men - even Jesus.

Sure I'm not a practicing Christian but I feel it is important that little one has an understanding of the bible and the message. Partner not to happy about it.

Everyone has a right to have a choice in what they believe but children need guidance before a balanced view can be reached - of their own choice.

Is anyone else having a problem trying to get their children to understand the meaning of Christmas? Or is it a sign of the times where the new religion is shopping, marketing and "What's in it for me?" :noway:
Climb a tree and drop an apple on her head

Who knows what may follow next

Big Grin