Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'The sausage contains no Dragon - honest'
When Butcher John Langford launched his Welsh Dragon sausages the tasty combination of pork and chilli proved a hit with customers. But council bureaucrats were not so easily pleased - they have told him to make it clear on the packaging that the sausages do not actually contain any 'dragon'.
The extraodinary ruling by Powys County Council officials orders Mr Langford to explain to the public that his product - which has won Pub Sausage of the Year title - contains only pork meat.
Mr Langford said "it's crazy really but I guess its with all the EU regulations. We make Farmhouse Sausages too but no one would expect us to explain there are no farmhouses in them ... would they?"
A spokeman for the council remained unrepentant yesterday. " The product sampled by the councils trading standards service was not sufficiently precise to inform the purchaser of the true nature of the food. We have recommended to the establishment that they include the type of meat in the name of the food. This is to ensure that it complies with the Food Labeling regulations of 1996
- Daily Express Sat 18/11

Cheffie - does your Cape malva pudding contain the Cape or are you also misleading us :crylol:
gwasi Wrote:Cheffie - does your Cape malva pudding contain the Cape or are you also misleading us :crylol:

:haha: for the dragons...

Well gwasi.... I am looking forward to his answer.

Malva is an Afrikaans word and it can mean Geraniums or marshmallows.
:rofl:

Thank goodness this hasn't hit Denmark (yet) as we have loads of sweets with very colourful names, such as "Witches Howls" and "Garbage Bin" and of course my favourites "Bridge Mix" :haha:
I am tempted to find out if the dragon is Hungarian Horntail or Red Dragon.

Jangar - I wondered where all the witches had gone Wink and it explains why Denmark seems to be a clean place - you eat it :rofl:

What about Witch Hazel? Cannot have that - poor Hazel. And the United Kingdom? If they want to get really awkward then String Cheese (i think thats the stuff in the can) - there's no string and definitely no cheese. :p

Having had dealings in the past with this council this request doesn't surprise me - some new up and coming Trading Standards inspector trying to make a name for themselves - yep The Joker
gwasi Wrote:
Cheffie - does your Cape malva pudding contain the Cape or are you also misleading us :crylol:

As much as [I]Yorkshire Pudding contains York /Shire/ Both :confused:

Would I ever mislead you.. :innocent:

Great publicity for the fella :thumbs:

Imagine the porkies claiming to be dragons in disguise when they go to the slaughter house..
Big Grin
anybody for some Monkey Gland Sauce Big Grin
Ade Wrote:anybody for some Monkey Gland Sauce Big Grin

Are you the PR for Spur? :innocent:

gosh.. the names of foods and their 'apparent' ingredients would have the quaint Welsh permanently releasing new directives Wink

My favourite one would have to be the quintessentially British pudding.. Spotted Dick
Big Grin
And then we have cocktails.........bloody mary?? arch bishop....orgasm?..... :rofl:
.... and the yummy cheese "the stinking bishop" :haha:
eggs Benedict?
Red Devil Cheese (local)
Dragon Kiss (local curry)

Yep the Welsh would go nuts if they looked closely. Good for a laugh tho.