Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toddler Taming
Help! Terrible Twos have struck my home this week! :dazed: I've bought the book, "Toddler Taming" by Dr Christopher Green & have become a loyal devotee but I still feel like I'm drowning! :wall:

Here's a list of the Toddler Tortures being inflicted upon me:

1. Hunger strike
2. Daily tantrums that last at least half an hour a time
3. Excess clinginess

In all fairness to my son, we've had a tough year with a lot of changes in our lives. He also has a new set of molars coming out so I've been dosing him up with Calpol.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Eish, Venus... your little one has a will and has finally discovered he can use it! The book you've got is very good, and from what I remember it's suggestions worked very well for me.
Remember, lots of patience and an extra dollop of love work well.

Please remember your tips on how you dealt with your litle one - I've not got long to go before it's my turn! :eek: (well, the past year went by so fast, didn't it!)
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Eish, Venus... your little one has a will and has finally discovered he can use it! The book you've got is very good, and from what I remember it's suggestions worked very well for me.
Remember, lots of patience and an extra dollop of love work well.

Please remember your tips on how you dealt with your litle one - I've not got long to go before it's my turn! :eek: (well, the past year went by so fast, didn't it!)

Gosh, Dudette, it seems like yesterday that we were pacing the boards while you were in labour! :eek:

I do find that loads of cuddles seem to help us both. I just wish I could clone myself sometimes. At least then one of us could wash the dishes & eat! :p
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus as far as the eating goes put out snack items, pieces of cheese, tomatoes (if he eats them - mine at 15 and 12 still don't), cucumber sticks, etc. I found that this did help whilst going through this stage. Temper trantrums the best I found was to put them on the bathroom mat, make sure nothing is available for them to play with and tell him not to get off the mat, mine use to have to sit like this for about 20 - 30 minutes, they soon learn't. As for the clinging, yes lots of love and cuddles is the best, if the house is in a mess just leave it, don't worry, clean up when he is in bed. Enjoy him at this age, even though I know it is difficult. Smile
Thanks for your advice, Jillibeans. I'll definitely give it a bash! Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Come on Venus, give him his pegs back Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
Thanks for your advice, Jillibeans. I'll definitely give it a bash! Smile

It's a pleasure Smile
just remember at two they will eat when hungry and will not starve themselves so dont fret. sounds like the teeth are the problem and as soon as they are through your monster will probably eat you out of house and home
betcha
opps did i say monster?
What I did was routine, routine, routine – discipline was time out and still is – they can work out what they did wrong if they where particularly bad then I hold them tight so they can’t move and repeat “nothing happens till you calm down” they soon learn the value of self control as do you, never give in to them at this age – it will soon pass and then you can enjoy them until their hormones kick in.
Never say never
and when all else fails turn up the music and escape to the buzz Smile

and the bad news is the tantrums change to whines when they are older Wink