Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transplanting palms
hi
anybody have the "know how" to transplant palms. problem being their size, they average 4-5 meters and i have 50 odd of them although i will not transplant all, i do have to move a few of them.

tools!! spade bucket and wheel barrow lol

thanks in advance
nobody?? Sad

:bigcry: 4 help
Sorry whirlpool, but it looks as if you are on your own with this problem.

I think it might have something to do with us lot living in the UK and not basking in the glorious sunshine in Aus! Big Grin We don't get much experience over here with palms and other suchlike exotics (You lucky so and so Wink )

Perhaps you should contact a local garden centre over there to find out how to complete this mammoth task!

Sorry again mate! Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Sorry whirlpool, but it looks as if you are on your own with this problem.

I think it might have something to do with us lot living in the UK and not basking in the glorious sunshine in Aus! Big Grin We don't get much experience over here with palms and other suchlike exotics (You lucky so and so Wink )

Perhaps you should contact a local garden centre over there to find out how to complete this mammoth task!

Sorry again mate! Smile
dash - thanks anyway Tara

i was hoping that as there are many "Natal banana republic" members Big Grin on the boards that someone may have had green fingers; the reason for the rush is the property is going to be developed (they start next week -waa hoo!!) and my being away all the time has led to a lack of planning on my part - i am just reluctant to loose these palms to the graders and diggers.
we will just have to take our chances.
being SLOW......................:wall:
Pombok, indirectly i have to thank you, your gardening link in this forum made me do a search on google.
arrgh slow- as i said - i now have detailed instructions from the university of florida, and it looks like i have some work ahead of me if i want to save these palms.
http://www.floridaplants.com/Reprints/transplanting.pdf
thanks
Good luck then, and keep us posted on how it went! Oh and how your back held up under the strain! :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Good luck then, and keep us posted on how it went! Oh and how your back held up under the strain! :eek:

DONT!!
back is a problem at the moment will have to get mechanical help i'm afraid Sad
will let you know how many survived