Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tulips
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Have you tried talking to them? Smile

Essential advice! Big Grin

It's true, but my own "scientific" take on this phenomenon is that because plants breathe in our carbon dioxide, then, when we talk to them, we breathe all over them and they get their "fix". Big Grin

Does that sound feasible?
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Does that sound feasible?

I have no idea. When I talk to my pots people give me strange looks.. Rolleyes

I'd hate to really make them wonder when I begin elocution lessons with my Tulips..

They'd probably wake me at all hours demanding I get a Piano..

do you think they'd object to being on an Organ? Smile
I have no idea. When I talk to my pots people give me strange looks.. Rolleyes

Well :wall: Don't talk to the pots :chef: talk to the plants, but when no-one is looking! :haha:
Well :wall: Don't talk to the pots :chef: talk to the plants, but when no-one is looking! :haha:

I normally go into the garden to pick the herbs..

not cuddle them or sweet talk in any way. I have noticed how they tend to sway a lot upon approach.

Do you think they're trembling? Or perhaps just a gentle breeze carrying my mumblings away on the sweet country air excites them? Smile
I normally go into the garden to pick the herbs..

not cuddle them or sweet talk in any way. I have noticed how they tend to sway a lot upon approach.

Do you think they're trembling? Or perhaps just a gentle breeze carrying my mumblings away on the sweet country air excites them? Smile

Well, put it this way, if my name was Herb and I saw the :chef: approaching, all my salad days would flash before me! Big Grin

The thought of that boiling cauldron would make anyone quake in their roots! Wink
Well, put it this way, if my name was Herb and I saw the :chef: approaching, all my salad days would flash before me! Big Grin

The thought of that boiling cauldron would make anyone quake in their roots! Wink

I think you've possibly spent too much time in the sun Smile

We no longer have boiling cauldrons, but rather induction heat and double boilers..

BTW.. is Tara short for tarragon? Big Grin

BTW.. is Tara short for tarragon? Big Grin

Wots this? You don't remember the biddie Tarantaal? Big Grin

(Makes excellent potjiekos!) Wink
(Makes excellent potjiekos!) Wink

and this is how we get diverted from the topic at hand Smile

Elrsa.. apologies if your thread semed to get diverted somewhat - it was an ole biddie by the sounds of it.. answering in your absence Wink Big Grin