Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turntable/amp problem
Hi!

Can anyone help me? I live in Cape Town, and am desperately looking for someone (private or commercial) who could call around to sort out, or help me, with a small (I think) hi-fi problem. Needs to be a person who still knows about vinyl and turntables!

Roger
[COLOR="Purple"]Hi Roger :music:

Welcome to the Buzz.....

Unfortunately Jangar, who I think is the one that will be able to help you, is on holiday somewhere in Italy at the moment.

Hopefully someone else can help in the mean time. [/COLOR]
Thanks man!

I can wait. I've been trying to find someone for the past 2 or more years. Not many people around who know anything about turntables anymore!

What it is, is that a hum occurs as soon as the stylus makes contact with any LP. Seems to be getting worse.

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever linked to a forum or tried to blog. Very green! Is Jaguar also a GlobalBuzz member?

I'll see if anyone else responds, but can we keep contact? Or can you suggest further?

Once again, thanks so much for replying!

Roger

Pronkertjie Wrote:[COLOR="Purple"]Hi Roger :music:

Welcome to the Buzz.....

Unfortunately Jangar, who I think is the one that will be able to help you, is on holiday somewhere in Italy at the moment.

Hopefully someone else can help in the mean time. [/COLOR]
I am inquiring via email with someone in CT, so hopefully we can get a result

quack

:woof:
TheDuck Wrote:I am inquiring via email with someone in CT, so hopefully we can get a result

quack

:woof:

Thanks!

I've been trying to find someone for the past 2 or more years. Not many people around who know anything about turntables anymore!

What it is, is that a hum occurs as soon as the stylus makes contact with any LP. Seems to be getting worse.

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever linked to a forum or tried to blog. Very green!

Once again, thanks so much for replying!

Roger
[COLOR="Purple"]Hope you get sorted Roger.

Jangar actually lives in Denmark - think Duck's idea is better. Smile

:jive:[/COLOR]
Roger Witter Wrote:Hi!

Can anyone help me? I live in Cape Town, and am desperately looking for someone (private or commercial) who could call around to sort out, or help me, with a small (I think) hi-fi problem. Needs to be a person who still knows about vinyl and turntables!

Roger

Hi Roger and welcome to the forums

What make is the amp?
I remember having a similar problem on record players. It was down to feedback, the needle picking up the vibration off the speakers usually when the bass was turned up a lot or at high volume(or the speakers being too close to the record player). I sorted it out in two ways, cheaper record player just needed a small coin taped on top of the stylus head to weight it a bit (anti-vibration measure) and the better players had a counter weight at the opposite side of the stylus arm which should be adjustable. Hope this helps. :great:

oh yea, if memory serves - record players had an extra ground connection that plugged into the amp - check that too,
Thanks again! well lets wait and see.
Cheffie Wrote:Hi Roger and welcome to the forums

What make is the amp?
Hi & thanks for responding!

The amp is an old NAD 3020