Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Restrictions : Why are we still paying?
I guess many SAffers in the South-East are affected by our water restrictions. Knowing you lot can toi-toi and klipgooi and so on, please enlighten me why we are still paying fully but receiving a limited service?

Thames Water announced huge profits, whilst OFWAT confirmed water leaks at Thames Water equates to 70 liters per person per day.

Hell, if they did their jobs and repaired the leaks, I could have 280 liters of water per day extra. But NOOOOOOOOO. I must now pay for a Knysna-style luxury which resembles the Karoo, whilst Thames shareholders sip their bubbly.

I am stunned at the lack of organised campaigns against our H2O-extortionists. Wat nou?
Aaah the joys of living in a first world country with a third world infrastructure.

The grass is not greener on the otherside, only a different shade of brown :crylol:

Companies don't give a hoot about the likes of us meer mortals, as long as we keep paying up. Idea ................ rally the neighbours and try and get a boycott going on paying for a full service, failing that the paper or TV might be able to help.

We're OK up in North Wales as the dams (oops resivoirs) are full and all it does here is rain anyway.
We must to pay for the substandard supply and control of our water boards - how on earth do you peasants expect the German owners of the water boards to maintain their lifestyles if we don't? After all, they only get a pittance of £20million in bonuses between the 5 of them, come on, these people are on the bones of their bum - would you willingly see these people go without just so that we cvan have what we actually pay for - clean and reliable water supplies?

:p
:crylol: Waterban?????oh i must have missed the news letter on that one, i have just been swimming in my pool, that is filled up to the top, see how the waterboard likes that.......if you pay for it then i think you are entitled to use it Cool
life is what you make of it
330kitten Wrote::crylol: Waterban?????oh i must have missed the news letter on that one, i have just been swimming in my pool, that is filled up to the top, see how the waterboard likes that.......if you pay for it then i think you are entitled to use it Cool

I think the water restrictions are in the South East Kitten.....
oh, well dont feel so guilty anymore then, such a shame though, i would send some of our water over there then if i could.
life is what you make of it