Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Disposable Nappies?
In order to help Beanie & other moms-to-be, I thought it might be useful to post a poll as to which nappies are the best. I remember being totally daunted when I went to buy my first pack! :eek:

When my son was newborn, I found that Pampers Newborn were the best & now like to use Pampers Active Fit but find them a bit pricey. I've tried all the different supermarkets' own brands & found that ASDA's George are the nicest. I also keep a stock of Boots Basic Nappies for those times when my son has an upset tummy & I'm going through several changes an hour.

Are you able to offer any more advice? Smile

(PS: The poll only allows for a max of 6 options, so if I've not included a brand you use, please mark "Other". I have made it so you may tick more than one choice.)
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Venus

(PS: The poll only allows for a max of 6 options, so if I've not included a brand you use, please mark "Other". I have made it so you may tick more than one choice.)

How did you do that ???

I've tried that several times and the system wouldn't let me do it... :mad:

As for the choice of nappies, sorry I cannot help...
Ideally I would choose Pampers, but they are the priciest. I compromise with Huggies, and I often find that they have some kind of deal on, where you can buy two large packs for £15, or you get reward points etc.
Don't bother with Sainsbury's own brand ... they leak terribly.
Ditto what Venus said accept I don't do the others if I can help it. If I have absolutely no choice then I'll still use Pampers but the green packet not the usual activ fit. I tried to do the eviromently friendlier thing and use Nature nappies but they go lumpy and gave my baby horrible nappy rash.
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Ideally I would choose Pampers, but they are the priciest. I compromise with Huggies, and I often find that they have some kind of deal on, where you can buy two large packs for £15, or you get reward points etc.
Don't bother with Sainsbury's own brand ... they leak terribly.

I agree about the Sainsbury's nappies. I bought a pack about 3 weeks ago as I was unable to get to another shop & most in the pack lost their sticky tabs while my son was wearing them, resulting in several accidents. I find that the Huggies nappies don't fit well & seem to be uncomfortable.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Ditto what Venus said accept I don't do the others if I can help it. If I have absolutely no choice then I'll still use Pampers but the green packet not the usual activ fit. I tried to do the eviromently friendlier thing and use Nature nappies but they go lumpy and gave my baby horrible nappy rash.

I've found that ASDA's George nappies are almost identical to the Pampers Baby Dry but £1 cheaper + an extra 4 nappies per pack for my son's size.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
How did you do that ???

I've tried that several times and the system wouldn't let me do it... :mad:

As for the choice of nappies, sorry I cannot help...

There's a little box that you can tick in the poll options. Wink

I'll give you a crash course in nappies when you visit, if you like! :jester:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
I've found that ASDA's George nappies are almost identical to the Pampers Baby Dry but £1 cheaper + an extra 4 nappies per pack for my son's size.

I think I'm just a Pampers avtive fit fan. Asda is quite far away from us so not really cost effective but thanks for the info. :thumbs:
Good info should i decide to have another.......:thumbs:
I hated the active fit nappies, so much so that I took them back to the Tesco's I bought them from. So unless they've changed considerably since when my son was in nappies, I wouldn't bother. Pampers Baby Dry for me. :thumbs: