Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Disposable Nappies?
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
I hated the active fit nappies, so much so that I took them back to the Tesco's I bought them from. So unless they've changed considerably since when my son was in nappies, I wouldn't bother. Pampers Baby Dry for me. :thumbs:

Big Grin This just goes to show that Mothers and babies are different. If I have to buy baby dry or huggies I think do I really have to. I try and work out if I'll last with what I have left until stock comes in or I can try somewhere else. Wink

Advice don't stockpile until you know what you like Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Big Grin This just goes to show that Mothers and babies are different. If I have to buy baby dry or huggies I think do I really have to. I try and work out if I'll last with what I have left until stock comes in or I can try somewhere else. Wink

Advice don't stockpile until you know what you like Smile

So true! :haha: I think that the Baby Dry nappies are horribly rough & the Huggies never fit properly & tend to leak. The Active Fit are definately my first choice. Maybe it has something to do with the actual build of the baby? :p
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
My sister has a baby (just under a year old) and she's been using organic cloth nappies and waterproofs. The nappy is not a toweling nappy but a ribbed stretch cotton with ties.

When the baby has to spend the day with grandmother, however, she puts her in Pampers disposables. She has tried Huggies too, and although they are cheaper, they do tend to leak.
Please excuse the question but what is a Organic nappy. I know of cloth nappies that are shaped but never an organic nappy.

Quote:Originally posted by nataliiie
My sister has a baby (just under a year old) and she's been using organic cloth nappies and waterproofs. The nappy is not a toweling nappy but a ribbed stretch cotton with ties.

When the baby has to spend the day with grandmother, however, she puts her in Pampers disposables. She has tried Huggies too, and although they are cheaper, they do tend to leak.
Here's a good article to read on all types of nappies, lols, including organic ones.

Organic nappies are those that minimize the impact they have on their environment, particularly with the use of chemicals during their production. Generally these are made from natural, unbleached fabrics.
Quote:Originally posted by nataliiie
Here's a good article to read on all types of nappies, lols, including organic ones.

Organic nappies are those that minimize the impact they have on their environment, particularly with the use of chemicals during their production. Generally these are made from natural, unbleached fabrics.

thanks for the article, all I can say is thank goodness I will not be needing
nappies again. When my daughter was using nappy's only 9 years ago I could not afford disposable and only used terry nappies and yes they might be good for the enviroment but it was hard work. Not something I would like to go through again.
I remember when we had the pleasure of nappy changes...Pampers were popular way back then. In those days they only made the one nappy for all.
Then a few years later, in a blaze of publicity, they came out with separate nappies for Boys and Girls. A truly ground-breaking invention!!
Naturally the other main brands all followed suit.
Guess what happened a few years later, Pampers came out with the Unisex nappy, which is suitable for both boys and girls. WOW!! What an amazing invention.
Of course, the price increased with each new innovation.
Rolleyes

I think we ended up using Pompadoux or some such french sounding name, as well as using this local initiative where you use terries and then twice a week this fella would come around and take them away for washing!!! Can't remember if we did this for ecological of economical reasons, but this memory is best forgotten :p
I tried the terry nappies & waterproof route for a while as I do try to be environmentally conscious & economical but my son kept getting such bad nappy rash that I decided to stick with the disposables. He's never had another problem with nappy rash since. I also looked into the organic type nappies but they cost a fortune! :eek:

Ade, I remember that terry nappy scheme in SA. It was a brilliant idea. :thumbs: I've never seen it in UK. I wonder if there are areas where this is offered?
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<