Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workout programs
So how do you guys choose to work out? Gym or playing a sport?

If you do go to a gym, what's your weekly routine?
A waddle .. which is meant to be running

and in summer we waddle after a footie ball

tomorrow first 8-a-side tournament

As for gym .. this duck gets weight training walking up stairs

doing a press ups is more than a work out

Smile
I go to the gym 3x a week.........My workouts are normally about 1.5 hours long each and consist of 25-30 minutes cardio vascular workout and then weights. The gym i go to is quite small, but they have quite a few weight machines and the rest i do as free weights. Then 2 abdominal sessions each workout aswell. If i find the time i also try and go swimming inbetween all that and normally manage 60 - 100 lengths a week. I feel much better for it, and get a huge energy boost after having been to the gym. Big Grin
The Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay -
Love isn't love till it's given away......
I currently split my weight sessions up into the following doing each one on a seperate day:

Back
Chest & shoulders
Arms
Legs

Each session last about 45 mins. I normally do 3 exercises of 3 sets each per body part. I try to spread this out over a week so your body gets enough to time to rest, repair and grow.

Then I do cardio about 3 times a week either on the same day or on a rest day.
At the moment go to the gym 6X a week, this consists of 2 Aerobics classes, 2 spinning classes and 2 circuits classes. Need to lose a bit more weight so will try and do 1 or 2 mornings a week on the treadmill or cross trainer
That's quite a lot of cardio B. What's your diet like?
My diet at the moment is not too great (not too bad either), I will work out a diet next week and see what happens.

I have always done at least 6 classes a week.
if you looking for a good work out with advice the best thing to do is check out a muscle and fitness mag, I aint promoting for them or anything but they have diet plans and all sorts in there, I use the muscle and fitness hers which helps with work outs at home and gym.

Most people do recommend gyming about 6 times a week like Britbok but then you got to find something that fits well with you Smile Best think to do is also read as much information as possible and don't be shy to ask the instructors for advice

sorry I aint a guy but I though I would add my 2 cents
It all dpends
My wife used to be a personal trainer which always helps. The biggest mistakes a lot of women in the UK make, is to avoid the weights section and go straight for the running or cycling machines. Their main concern is that they don't want to become muscular, but for a woman to become really muscular through weight training, she would have to be on steroids. Most women simply become "toned" through weights and what most people forget is that you burn so much fat from weight training. I guess at the end of the day it has to be a balanced approach with weights and cardio.
Saxon I am also female so don't worry about replying to this thread.

My 2 circuits classes revolve around weights so at least I do get some weight training in. I am considering dropping a spinning class for boxercise as I did this a couple of weeks ago and it was great fun.