Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your country of birth
Hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I suppose most of you here at GB were born in S.A but were any of you born elsewhere & then emigrated to S.A?

I was born in the U.K but came over to S.A with my family as a very young child & have been here ever since.
Even though I wasn't born here, I am a true S.African in every way. Smile Smile Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Curio

I suppose most of you here at GB were born in S.A but were any of you born elsewhere & then emigrated to S.A?

I was born in the U.K but came over to S.A with my family as a very young child & have been here ever since.
Even though I wasn't born here, I am a true S.African in every way. Smile Smile Smile

Ditto for me Big Grin

But unlike you I have (temporarily ?) returned to my country of birth...
I was born and bred in SA, and will always be a South African. I now can understand those who move away from SA and gain the accent of where they now live, but I don't think that will be me. Smile

same here doll !
my sister and myself were born in the uk and emmigrated to SA when i was 7 and sister 2
so we have 2 passports
i do feel more south african tho as it gave me an upbringing and my entire life really Smile
born England, emigrated early to Cape Town where I grew up (some may argue that!) and then returned to the muddy island of my birth...Cape Town always beckons...
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
I was born and bred in SA, and will always be a South African. I now can understand those who move away from SA and gain the accent of where they now live, but I don't think that will be me. Smile

Same here, it is amazing how some people can pick up an accent so quickly! I have been here nearly 3 years, but still have the Souf Efrican accent Wink
Born in Denmark, moved to SA in 76. I was only three then, stayed there until 94 where we decided to come back to DK with my folks...

Stayed in DK until early 97, went back to SA, and then returned again to DK in 98..have now been here since...

We do have plans to return to good old Seff Efrica someday, cause I sure as hell aint gonna retire here...

I consider myself South African, and will probably always do so no matter how many more years we live on this godforsaken piece of earth..
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*

Yup same for me, Born UK, family went to SA in 1965, I returned to the UK with my family in 1999, and then we moved to Germany in 2001, both our girls are now fluent in German and I am well on my way, Jillibeans will be there soon too.
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]

:thumbs:

same as me
i was born in england
emmigrated to SA when i was 7
then back to uk 4 years ago

i feel south african but always had english roots
Born in Wales.....grew up in England....emigrated to SA.....had 15 wonderful years there....came back to UK 5 years ago......

so me very mixed up :haha: