Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your country of birth
Hi Curio

I was born in Manchester UK and have lived in SA for 20 years. I reckon I am now more African than many living here Big Grin I have Africa in my blood and this is my home.

Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I suppose most of you here at GB were born in S.A but were any of you born elsewhere & then emigrated to S.A?

I was born in the U.K but came over to S.A with my family as a very young child & have been here ever since.
Even though I wasn't born here, I am a true S.African in every way. Smile Smile Smile
Born in Zim, moved to SA when I was 9, back in the UK when I was 24
Quote:Originally posted by Sue Johnson
Hi Curio

I was born in Manchester UK and have lived in SA for 20 years. I reckon I am now more African than many living here Big Grin I have Africa in my blood and this is my home.

Hi Sue. I have relatives in Manchester & Leeds too. My mom is from Cheshire & my dad from Yorkshire.
They are now back in Leeds but visit us here in S.A every year or two. They will be coming over for a holiday in a few weeks time.
Smile
It was interesting to read the replies to this thread.
Thanks everyone.
Smile :lovef:
Born Saffer .. will die as a (very proud) Saffer with a bit of (financial) expatting all over the World in between to keep food on the table. Big Grin

Glad there are so many proud Saffers around :thumbs:
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Born in Wales.....grew up in England....emigrated to SA.....had 15 wonderful years there....came back to UK 5 years ago......

so me very mixed up :haha:
NOW I UNDERSTAND suep!!!!

:innocent: :crylol:
Born in Cape Town and lived in Cape Town till 97, went to London and met my then future wife to be.

Now live in Suomi better known as Finland

quack

:woof:
Quote:Originally posted by TheDuck
Born in Cape Town and lived in Cape Town till 97, went to London and met my then future wife to be.

Now live in Suomi better known as Finland

quack

:woof:

Did not get around a lot did you duckie???

Cape Town and all that you know my chap???

Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
NOW I UNDERSTAND suep!!!!

:innocent: :crylol:

Oi....dont start Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Oi....dont start Rolleyes

I just said that I understand.............
:rofl: :crylol: