Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinion about care for baby
Hi

The time is drawing closer for me to go back to work and for Josh to go to the childminder..... I am not looking forward to this at all, and it is going to break my heart in a million pieces. I am enjoying Josh sooo much at the moment.

:help: Anycase...I phoned the maid I had back in SA this morning, just to see how she is keeping. She cried most of the conversation and begged me to let her come and look after Josh. She worked for me for over 12 years and I would love for her to come and look after Josh. I'd rather pay her, than pay a childminder.... is this a feasible idea?

Emily is currently employed by a very well off black couple and she is looking after their 3 kiddies. Emily is very unhappy there, partly due to the fact that they pay her less than R1000 a month and also the long hours she has to work. This couple is in London at the moment for 3 weeks and they left the kids with Emliy to look after...they are not even paying her any extra.... I dearly wish to help her.

Any comments?
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:Hi

The time is drawing closer for me to go back to work and for Josh to go to the childminder..... I am not looking forward to this at all, and it is going to break my heart in a million pieces. I am enjoying Josh sooo much at the moment.

:help: Anycase...I phoned the maid I had back in SA this morning, just to see how she is keeping. She cried most of the conversation and begged me to let her come and look after Josh. She worked for me for over 12 years and I would love for her to come and look after Josh. I'd rather pay her, than pay a childminder.... is this a feasible idea?

Emily is currently employed by a very well off black couple and she is looking after their 3 kiddies. Emily is very unhappy there, partly due to the fact that they pay her less than R1000 a month and also the long hours she has to work. This couple is in London at the moment for 3 weeks and they left the kids with Emliy to look after...they are not even paying her any extra.... I dearly wish to help her.

Any comments?

Bean, If I was in your situation I would not hesitate to do it. It is so important to have someone you can trust to look after your baby.
Thanx angelbabe.... but just how do I get her to stay in the country? And how long can she stay on a visitors visa?
Beans
Bean I would ask the experts about visa's etc. She might have to come over on a work visa etc. Friends of ours a while back wanted their niece to come and look after their kids. She arrived at the airport and was promptly sent home as she did not have the correct documention.

Its worth while finding out the best way and correct way of going about it

Good luck and keep us posted
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]
Shame, Beanie, I really don't envy you! :hug: I'm very interested to hear how your idea of bringing Emily over works out. I think it's a wonderful idea. Smile I assume that she's a single lady with no family of her own?

On the other hand, are you sure that you'll be financially better off by going back to work? Have you & your hubby checked what Tax Credits you'd qualify for if you had just his salary coming in? Click here to link to IR's Tax Credit page. Or you could pop down to your local Job Centre & they'd be able to help you with the calculations. I've found my local one to be very helpful. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Thanx Venus..

Emily has a son who is in high school. When she used to work for me, he used to be cared for by his grandmother in Leshotho, and later when he started school he was living with her boyfriend, and she was living in with us. It was her choice to do it that way.

I just think that paying 600GBP for a chldminder is expensive, and then I still have to pay her for when we go on holiday so that he can keep his place, and I have to pay her half when she goes on holiday...to keep his place....

Emily wants to come over here..she said that her son can come over on holidays.

As for tax credits...we are not allowed to have any in terms of our visa conditions.... we are here on Ancestral. As for Josh.... he is still a SA citizen until we get our ILR, which should be in about 2 years...if the rules remain the same.
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:Thanx angelbabe.... but just how do I get her to stay in the country? And how long can she stay on a visitors visa?
If my memory serves me correctly, she can stay for 6 months on a visitor's visa.
She may not be employed then, which means you will have to give her cash in hand, the way we did in SA, but I will be careful in the UK as you do not have ILR yet and you do not want to compromise yourselves...

:help:
Joan Wrote:If my memory serves me correctly, she can stay for 6 months on a visitor's visa.
She may not be employed then, which means you will have to give her cash in hand, the way we did in SA, but I will be careful in the UK as you do not have ILR yet and you do not want to compromise yourselves...

:help:
Thanx Joan

I dont mind payng cash in hand...for all means an purpouses she is just a friend visiting.

I am however worried about our ILR status Sad
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:Thanx Joan

I dont mind payng cash in hand...for all means an purpouses she is just a friend visiting.

I am however worried about our ILR status Sad
She is a visitor, if you do not declare giving her the money,..............

For 6 months you will be ok, but after that?
Please do take into account your baby's interests...............your ex employee may be wonderful, but when she has to return to SA, what about the happiness etc of your baby?

Bean, think long and think hard before you make any decision.......
Beanie, if she came over as a visitor she will only be allowed to stay for 6 months and she would have to prove that she is able to support herself for the duration of her visit. When my son came over we had to transfer money to him, I faxed a letter stating that we would be supporting him while he was here on holiday. I think the best way to do it will be to contact someone from the visa office and find out the best options. I would not do anything to compromise your situation in the UK.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baby Amber has arrived SpankyJax 24 12,225 11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Flying with a baby Bean of Love 4 4,121 17-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Last Post: sooibrand
  Registering A New Born Baby Bean of Love 2 4,483 28-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Baby Care Suggestions Bean of Love 12 7,173 31-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Cali
  Next New Baby Question Bean of Love 33 15,604 29-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha