Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cottage pie....
does anybody have a tried and tested recipe they use....i could use what i have in the books...but a tried and tested one would be nice...Smile

what they call here it is a shepherd's pie...Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
does anybody have a tried and tested recipe they use....i could use what i have in the books...but a tried and tested one would be nice...Smile

Shepherds is made of minced lamb and cottage is made of minced beef.
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

Hi cubbie, I have replied on MT as well, but forgot to add. We normally mix lamb and beef mince as well.. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Mark
Shepherds is made of minced lamb and cottage is made of minced beef.

why thank u mister....:thumbs:

dolla..i got yours on MT...thanks....Smile
We made the best sheppards pie ever this weekend! Big Grin
Cooked the mince with vegetables for ages and made some nice cauliflower and broccoli with a cheese sauce. Yum!
(And there is still left over for tonight!)
can u believe i have never made this
it is making my mouth water - i will have to make some
sounds easy too ! even better !
i always add a splash of mayonnaise to my spuds...it makes a much smoother mash!
Quote:Originally posted by Ade
i always add a splash of mayonnaise to my spuds...it makes a much smoother mash!

:thumbs:
aha ! i will try this !!!
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
can u believe i have never made this
it is making my mouth water - i will have to make some
sounds easy too ! even better !

Jewels you should really try it! For something different, add sour cream and chives with a dollop of butter for the mash. It is amazing ( I tend to get stuck into this even before I started 'building' the pie :haha: )
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Jewels you should really try it! For something different, add sour cream and chives with a dollop of butter for the mash. It is amazing ( I tend to get stuck into this even before I started 'building' the pie :haha: )

aha ! where do i buy sour cream? dont laugh - i have never seen it in the shops ! i bought a chives plant yesterday ! LOL
i can totally understand u tucking inot the mash before the pie is ready ! :haha: