Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dentist
As some of you may remember, I was supposed to go to the dentist today to have a wisdom tooth removed. The appointment was cancelled & I now have to go in a couple of weeks time. I am in no discomfort at all but the dentist said it has to come out. Wisdom teeth always seem to cause hassles don't they? I guess it's better to get rid of them as they are not really needed at all!!!
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
As some of you may remember, I was supposed to go to the dentist today to have a wisdom tooth removed. The appointment was cancelled & I now have to go in a couple of weeks time. I am in no discomfort at all but the dentist said it has to come out. Widom teeth always seem to cause hassles don't they? I guess it's better to get rid of them as they are not really needed at all!!!

I agree with you! They normally cause problems, so they should just be taken out. Two of mine are impacted, and they can be painful, but my dentist has said they do not take wisdoms out unless they are causing repeated problems!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
if only one (me in this case) could have some wisdom after they where removed (all 4 gone). Smile i wonder why they are called wisdom teeth.
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
As some of you may remember, I was supposed to go to the dentist today to have a wisdom tooth removed. The appointment was cancelled & I now have to go in a couple of weeks time. I am in no discomfort at all but the dentist said it has to come out. Wisdom teeth always seem to cause hassles don't they? I guess it's better to get rid of them as they are not really needed at all!!!

What often happens is that they start causing pressure on the jaw line. I had terrible tooth ache in the incisors yet there was nothing wrong wthe teeth. It turned out that they were under pressure as a result of the wisdom teeth growing forward....out they came and no more problems....
I am suprised that they are only removing one. They normal remove top and bottom or all 4
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT