Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
free antivirus
My Mcavee security suite is up for renewal and as they want £49.99 to renew has anyone any recomendations for a free alternative. Also found an OEM version of same product on ebay for £4.49. Would that be a better alternative?
[COLOR="Purple"]I am using the free Avast anitvirus. They update several times a day - screen every email coming in and going out.

:comp: :bashpc:

[/COLOR]
Pronkertjie Wrote:[COLOR="Purple"]I am using the free Avast anitvirus. They update several times a day - screen every email coming in and going out.

:comp: :bashpc:

[/COLOR]

Thanks P. I've got that on my kids machines. Is it vista compatible? Another 1 is AVG and I'm in 2 minds between the 2 or to buy from ebay.
[COLOR="Purple"]Now that I can't tell you.... sorry!

[/COLOR]
I have used AVG for ages now and it seems to do the job.
AVG (as per mcamp above) from http://www.grisoft.com is very popular

I had a look at the website and struggled to find it at first...
don't click on Downloads, instead click on Products, you will find the free version at the bottom of the page.
Goldminer Wrote:Thanks P. I've got that on my kids machines. Is it vista compatible? Another 1 is AVG and I'm in 2 minds between the 2 or to buy from ebay.
I use AVG v7.5 on all my PC's at home. The magazines always give it top ratings of all the "Freebie" anti-virus software. Furthermore I have not had any problems (touch wood) for many years. In fact I can't remember when I last did.

I hope that this helps.

Good luck

HH :thumbs:
Also have AVG on my computer, it detected two infections which slipped past Norton .... a friend op Pronkertjie's helped me when I had the virus or Trojan horse, he downloaded AVG and since then I have been more than satisfied with the protection of my pc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Antivirus angelbabe 1 3,990 02-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Curio
  Free SIM Cards! Venus 5 4,434 16-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Last Post: lols
  Make your PC virus free picanin 3 3,480 06-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Free Email Accounts Strawbs 4 4,719 12-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok