Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
geneology
this is a very very long shot (and i hope it is in the correct forum)
I am trying to contact a great uncle who has the family bible and nobody knows where he is.
SO here goes
Does anybody know the whereabouts of Guy Powel-Stevens or any living relatives He was born in 1916 so we do not know if he is still alive. we last had contact with him in 1978 at my grandfathers funeral in Durban (Raymond Stevens). at the time Guy was living in Gwelo, Rhodesia, he moved there in the 60's and we are not sure if they moved back to SA at a later point. he had five children, Lesley, Helen, Michael and cannot find the names of the other two. Guy used to work for Escom so we assume he was working on a Power station in Zim

IF anybody has the slightest lead it would really be great to hear from them.
As i said a very long shot
holding thumbs Wink
If he was a British/South African subject living in Zimbabwe then in theory the local embassy of either nation should have a record of him.

Failing that I have a friend living in London who is very well connected in Zimbabwe - I can ask her to spread the word and we can see what she comes up with. (she is very good - she even found descendants of family of mine that moved from Zaire to Zimbabwe in the 1800's).
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
If he was a British/South African subject living in Zimbabwe then in theory the local embassy of either nation should have a record of him.

Failing that I have a friend living in London who is very well connected in Zimbabwe - I can ask her to spread the word and we can see what she comes up with. (she is very good - she even found descendants of family of mine that moved from Zaire to Zimbabwe in the 1800's).
WOW thanks :thumbs:

i have since learnt more about the family. i am not sure if he had direct british ties but there is some british ancestry

have some birthdays but not years

Father: Guy William Powell Stevens was born 11th Aug 1915

Mother: Mary Stevens is 10th Aug

Lesley Sandra 1st Feb
Lesley married a weightlifter and they came to SA to live in the 70s.

Helen 18th March
Dawn Marian 3rd April
David Powell 25th April
Lynette Ann Susan 20th Feb

Then am sure there was a laat lammetjie named Michael approx birth year 1959 ??? or so.

ANY help greatly appreciated BB
I have recently stubled accross a cool website for adding family tree's and finding people

it's http://www.genesreunited.com/
It all dpends
Quote:Originally posted by Saxon
I have recently stubled accross a cool website for adding family tree's and finding people

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
thanks Saxon, i will give this a go
rgds
Quote:Originally posted by Saxon

was about to give that link to Whirlpool. Saxon i am also busy doing my family and hubby's family geneology from that too....:thumbs:
it feels like I have been adding people for days.... Smile
It all dpends
Fortunately I have a cousin already doing it and has an extensive tree on my fathers side pre-dating the Domesday book. The amout of research and work is incredible.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT