Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
labour
hi everyone
with just over 3 weeks to go - what advice can you give me about the birth?
i have to go through with it - is it best to just 'go with the flow' and see how i feel?
im a little nervous
x
Go with the flow and

remember

while responding to this post a baby would have been born

it is a natural process and believe in your motherly instincts

try not to attach a plan to it, the little one will decide and you simply go along with the bigger plan

thinking too much about things creates the stress and nervousness

Good luck sista

:gogirl:
Hey Jewels!
Congratulations once again on your pregnancy, these are exciting times. Firstly I'm not going to lie to you, labour is painful, but as the Duck says, women have gone through it for thousands of years and survived, so try not get stressed about it - it will just make the experience worse.

I'm sure you've read all the advice regarding pain relief, and personally I see no reason why in this day and age why one can't take advantage of modern technology, and providing your pain relief does not affect your baby, go for it!

I still find it amazing that once your baby is in your arms, all memory of the pain disappears before you know it.

Enjoy your last few weeks alone together... once your little one is here there will be little time for anything else for a while.

Wishing you all of the best for your birth, and please let us know how you are! Smile :babyroll:
Unlike the duck, I am not qualified to comment on this purely feminine process Wink

But the best of luck, and just know you are going to love the new arrival. ok: ok:
Jewels... I know someone who was so fearful of giving birth and being a mother.... now she can't stop talking about her baby! You will do just fine! Sterkte!! It will soon be all over! :babyroll:
hi everyone,
thanks so much for all your advice and wishes
i think the fear of the unknown is the worst, you just dont know when it will happen, how you will cope and whetehr everything will be okay
millions so this so i will go with the flow and see how i feel
arrrghhh hehehee
i finish work next week friday - 2 weeks before, i was working until the the last week but am just too tired now - oh dear, i have to accept that i have limitations ! Smile
i should post some photos - do we still have this facility - i look like a bloated buddha ! Wink
Jewels you will have to use a wide angle lens Wink
mcamp999 Wrote:Unlike the duck, I am not qualified to comment on this purely feminine process Wink

But the best of luck, and just know you are going to love the new arrival. ok: ok:

unlike mcamp, I do have feelings and do share in the anguish my wife has been through. After having gone through the process of delivery on 3 occasions, I can even warrant to say I remember more than the wife Wink

Big Grin

[SIZE="1"]ps.. serves you right[/SIZE]
make sure you have some food to hand....you may find yourself very hungry afterwards - esp. if it's a long labour. I went searching for pizza at 3 o'clock in the morning and came back with a packet of crisps and a mars bar!
Ade Wrote:make sure you have some food to hand....you may find yourself very hungry afterwards - esp. if it's a long labour. I went searching for pizza at 3 o'clock in the morning and came back with a packet of crisps and a mars bar!

so what did you get for the wifey?