Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walking...
i often see these ppl walking and exercising, but i want to know what kind of walk do they do??

a fast type of walk, wiggling those hips.... :crylol:

what kind of benefit is it from that type of walk?? does it not have weight-bearing problems later in life??

just looks so funny..... :rofl:
Icecub, my daughter apparantly does a lot of walking over in London and even has a "pedometer" which counts how many steps one has done. She has only been here a few days but still goes for a walk almost every evening.

(I think any kind of walking must be good).
I must admit though that I like to "walk" and window shop at the same time.
:haha:
Curio Wrote:(I think any kind of walking must be good).
I must admit though that I like to "walk" and window shop at the same time.
:haha:

i think walking is good for u
hehehe like the idea of window shop walking !
Icecub Wrote:i often see these ppl walking and exercising, but i want to know what kind of walk do they do??

what kind of benefit is it from that type of walk?? does it not have weight-bearing problems later in life??

It may look funny, but I do think that it is called "power walking"

The idea is to get your arms and legs working...

That is what the principle behind Walk and/or Run for Life was in SA

And I personally think it is a great idea....

Most of the Brits ( per capita more Brits are obese than the Americans!!!) need to get off their backsides and do some active power walking, with weights strapped to their ankles and onto their wrists!!!

:p
Joan Wrote:It may look funny, but I do think that it is called "power walking"

The idea is to get your arms and legs working...

That is what the principle behind Walk and/or Run for Life was in SA

And I personally think it is a great idea....

Most of the Brits ( per capita more Brits are obese than the Americans!!!) need to get off their backsides and do some active power walking, with weights strapped to their ankles and onto their wrists!!!

:p

Yep, my mum did this when she was young. Some of them walks faster than I run. Apparently it is better exercise than jogging...
:read:
thats because jogging causes impact on the spine, ankles and knees...

when power walking you get the same effects as you would if jogging, but it stresses the joints and the spine less...
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
As Joan says it is power or aerobic walking. The advantages are that you can raise your pulse rate significantly but without subjecting your legs to the high impact of running.
The idea is to start of with a slow to brisk walk for around 5 minutes as a warm up and then change to a fast walk. Swinging the arms increases the work rate.....a fast walk of around 20 mins three times a week will do wonders.... though the time must be brought up slowly in level with your fitness.
At no time should you suffer pain, or be short of breath. The ideal situation is to still be able to hold a reasonable level of conversation whilst exercising.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
Dolla Wrote:Yep, my mum did this when she was young. Some of them walks faster than I run. Apparently it is better exercise than jogging...
:read:

:innocent: when she was young..............

is she as old as the hills then????

:rofl:

I still love power walking!

Great for the figure and the weight!!!
Icecub Wrote:i often see these ppl walking and exercising, but i want to know what kind of walk do they do??

As a heart attack victim I was ordered by the cardiologist to walk. it is very good cardiovascular exercise and apart from keeping your weight in check, it keeeps you fit.

So julle mense moet loop! I loop around a golf course as often as I can but mostly go for long walks on the Ridgeway.
Tjoe Rules OK?!
Joan Wrote::innocent: when she was young..............

is she as old as the hills then????

:rofl:

I still love power walking!

Great for the figure and the weight!!!

Not old as the hills (in her 60's) but when she was in her teens. Wink She did it professionally