Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what pets did you have to leave at home in SA
Quote:Originally posted by chickie
that is so sad. Where do you think the animals go when they pass on??

Would be nice.....

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.....

~Unknown
They have/had a wonderful animal travel agency in SA. Don't know if they're still around. They were up on the requirements involved for transporting pets overseas. I dropped my dog off at my sister in law in JHB and this agency made sure the dog got all the necessary shots and paperwork. They picked him up on the day of departure and I received notification from them that read:

Pickles arriving TWA flight ...., in Oklahoma City, date and time of arrival.

We went to the airport on the specified day and there he was, safe and overjoyed to see us. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Toktokkie
They have/had a wonderful animal travel agency in SA. Don't know if they're still around. They were up on the requirements involved for transporting pets overseas. I dropped my dog off at my sister in law in JHB and this agency made sure the dog got all the necessary shots and paperwork. They picked him up on the day of departure and I received notification from them that read:

Pickles arriving TWA flight ...., in Oklahoma City, date and time of arrival.

We went to the airport on the specified day and there he was, safe and overjoyed to see us. Big Grin

OH wow Toks thats fantastic!!!!You're so lucky!

I had to leave my darling marmeduke, Red ...I went to great lengths to find him a good home, only to find out that he ran away and made his way back home. The house was standing empty at the time and although he was spotted there a few times, no one could ever catch him, and so I'll never know what ever happened to him. Breaks my heart and I miss him sooooo much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You Have Any Pets? Venus 16 6,834 03-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Last Post: penelope
  What Pets Have You Had. Bushbaby 5 3,304 18-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Last Post: sue w