Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the best restaurant in CT?
mpumalanga Wrote:i dont care if people put their noses up at spur, its good value and almost always good food........we went to the one by the southern sun in the city.

lol, when I first saw this thread, I was thinking about how I'd just go to the "Golden Spur" in Newlands, if I had a choice. Smile
rlsuth Wrote:LOL, I meant "TJ" hahaha I am getting old.

Nope, call it a senior moment!!

:jive: :crylol:
Sorry to hear about your bad SPIER experience Mupa and wifey.

I have just heard, seen and had excellent food and experiences from there.

Back to the Topic.

For the best food at the best price : My friend Charles's place in Gordon's bay called "TALLAS" - try it - you will love it.

Patagonias or Karoo lamb tjops - best in SA ! :jive:
Strawbs Wrote:Binoculars?? And here I was thinking of beautiful crystal!!! :duh:

Me THREE !!!! :duh:
Pronkertjie Wrote:Enjoy your time there. I haven't been in SA during the winter since 1990 - if I think of Gaunteng in the winter I see brown and it feels cold!

Confusedaffer:

Tx !!! I really dislike Gauteng - always, but even more so in winter !! The black burnt fields from veld-fires, the dust, etc !! The cold seems to cut right into one's bones !!

But I adore seeing friends and family - so I guess I just HAVE to bear with it ......... :tired:
Strawbs Wrote:I don't see a problem with being spoilt, do you??? :mmm: :jive: :crylol:

No, never ......... !!!

But I DO have a problem with NOT being spoilt .......... binoculars ?? Grrrrrrrr.......... !!!!! :duh:
FlyingBok Wrote:Patagonias - best in SA ! :jive:

The Toothfish?
Was under the impression it was an endangered species. Karoo lamb is something special though :thumbs:
Cheffie Wrote:The Toothfish?
Was under the impression it was an endangered species. Karoo lamb is something special though :thumbs:

Nee Chef man ... dis daai goed wat soos seekat is en lyk en proe ...

There is an Island just South of South America where the are produced (by making love to older one's Wink

You understand .. maybe my spelling is incorrect Big Grin
FlyingBok Wrote:Nee Chef man ... dis daai goed wat soos seekat is en lyk en proe ...

AKA 'white gold' if it's the same species.

As far as I know there's only 1 MSC approved facility for this fish whilst it is under threat of extinction.
http://www.ccamlr.org/pu/E/sc/fish-monit/iuu-intro.htm

Many years ago, some commercial skippers from Hout Bay lost their lives at sea, whilst apparently fishing for this delicacy.. there was a big hoohaa about it at the time.
Nee broer wrong one.

Let us rather call it Calamari from Pategonia.

PS: Pategonia in Argentina has a great SA expat community that has been living their for a few generations in some cases.