South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: HEEEELP What have I done to my poor PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I got this icon saying that I have updates to install... This wonderful update was the XP service pack 2. Which I installed.

Today, my screen looks different and I am freeeeeking out! I now have to scroll up and down to see what programmes I have open and the Quickstart menu at the bottom (next to my START) is not hidden anymore, I now see all the icons.

Please tell me this can be fixed.

I don't even know how to Google for this.... what would I search for?
Ask picanin

:mad:
Hi Tannie Joan...

Ja, I know Pic can help, but I haven't seen him around for a bit. The silly things I do!!! :confused:
Beanie,

This thread was posted a while back discussing the XP servicepack 2....

Try and read it, maybe there will be something to help you there..

Alternatively, you should be able to return to the point prior to installation of the sp.. This is a very nice xp feature..
Right click on the start bar and open properties, u should be able to sort it out.

Unfortunately Ameniatha, because of the nature of the large upgrade to SP2, system restore will not work or return system to the way it was before installing SP2.

picanin

Allo allo! Beanie it sounds as though your screen resolution may have been screwed up. What do the icons look on your screen? Can you see the task bar at all or do you need to move the mouse down the screen to scroll to it? What res is your screen set to now
Hey Pic.

I did what Mark suggested and I got my quick launch toolbar sorted...

My screen resolution is 100%, but the only thing I have HAD to get used to is.....

mmmn how to explain :confused:

Usually when I open up my email, word, excel, Internet etc, the little windows were visible in my taskbar? across the bottom, now it is in a drop down format. Pity I couldn't sent you a screenshot....

The dropdown is now at the far right hand corner (next to the start-up bar thingy where Norton etc is displayed.

Does this make ANY sense?
ok here we go

right click on task bar (start bar), and make sure [lock the taskbar] is unticked

the with left mouse key click and hold down and drag taskbar from the side of the screen to the bottom of the screen.

then tick the lock the taskbar, so u dont accidentally move it again

good luck

Wink
WOW!

Thank you a billion times! It worked! You are fantastic!!!!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by Bean of Love
WOW!

Thank you a billion times! It worked! You are fantastic!!!!!!!

:o Rolleyes :p